19- Breakfast with Hubby

Natasha's point of view:

It has been almost two weeks since the scandalous fight between Tina and Amelia.

My husband and I have been living like strangers since then and it has been good for us. For me.

I am still vexed by the fact that Xander restricted Tina from coming to this house.

I did not tell Tina about his instruction because I was afraid of her reaction.

Two weeks in this lifeless marriage and I am cool with it.

At least, I have been comfortable with Joseline and she is making my stay here pretty nice with her hilarious chatter.

"I told you I can handle it, Mrs. Winslow," Joseline said with clear fear on her face.

"I can do it, you can do the whole thing on your own, let me just help you," I mumbled as I smiled at her.

The house cleaner has been coming here since yesterday so she decided to help her today.

So I decided to give her a helping hand.

"What if Mr. Winslow meets you here? Please leave it and let me handle it." She pleaded.

"He can't do anything. He wouldn't even care, so stop stressing yourself. You can go and prepare the meal. I will soon finish cleaning up." I convinced her.

She stared at the vacuum cleaner before leaving for the kitchen.

I cleaned the whole living room and joined her in the kitchen.

"What are you preparing?" I asked her.

"Egg benedict and smoked salmon." She answered me.

"That's cool," I said to her,

"I am almost done." She asked me.

"Where is Mr. Winslow?" She asked me.

"I don't know. Haven't you seen him this morning?" I asked her.

"He woke me up. He told me he is going to have his breakfast today before he leaves for the office this morning." She informed me.

"Oh! You can check his room or serve him in his room." I suggested.

"He said he wants to have his breakfast with you on the dining table this morning." She told me.

"With me? Why?" I asked her.

"I don't know. You can ask him when comes around." She shrugged.

That's unusual.

Did he want to tell me anything?

He can just do that on the phone. I will always eat with him.

"The food is done." She announced.

"I made pancakes if you want some." She giggled.

I helped her to set the dining table and when we were done, she went to call Xander.

I was already seated, waiting for him to arrive.

He dragged a chair out and had his seat.

No 'good morning'

No 'hello'

He started eating his food and I also did.

I wanted to ask him the reason why he decided we should have breakfast together this morning, but I just don't feel comfortable asking.

I ate my food and drank my orange juice.

"Did you need anything?" He voiced out.

I turned to him.

This will be the first time I am seeing his face today.

"No," I replied curtly.

"Okay. This is the credit card I got for you. You can use it anytime you need anything." He passed the card to me.

"Thank you," I mumbled.

"We will be having our breakfast like this every day." He stood up and left the dining table.

I was mute the whole time.

Why do we have to be in the same dining room?

I cleaned up the dining table and took the plates to the kitchen.

"He left?" Joseline asked me.

"Yes, I think so," I muttered.

"I am going upstairs," I said to her as I dropped the plates and made my way upstairs.

I ensured I took the credit card before I left for my room.

I took my phone to call Tina.

"What's up, sis?" She asked immediately if she picked up.

"How are you doing?" I asked her.

"I am cool. I am good." She replied.

"Okay. Bye."

"Did you want to say anything? You got something on your mind?" She asked.

"Is everything good at home?" I asked her.

"Yes, why?"

"Just that Xander said we should be having breakfast together in the dining room and it seems like something is fishy," I confessed my thoughts.

"No, nothing is wrong at home. He must be feeling mature today." She said,

"He even gave me his credit card," I added.

"If I didn't dislike him so much, I would have said 'That's so sweet of him,' but I can't say it"

"Are you sure there is nothing wrong?" She asked me.

"Absolutely nothing is wrong." She confirmed.

"I just wanted to know that. Goodbye."

"See ya." I hung up after that.

I decided to do window shopping for the things I needed the most. I should try and use the credit card after all.

I was so engrossed in the shopping that I didn't know the time had passed.

I heard a knock on my door, I got off the bed to open the door.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" Joseline asked.

"Hmm, no. I think I will just pass that."I mumbled to her.

"Come on, it is a new series, you should try to watch movies. Watching movies is a better way of passing time." She whined.

"Okay. I will do that some other time." I said to her,

"Why are you so rigid, Mrs Winslow?" She asked me.

"Pardon?"

"You don't do things we do, you are just always indoors. You don't even talk or reply to conversations. All you do is hmm, hm, or nod your head. Why? Apart from bringing my boss, I want to be your friend, Mrs. Winslow but I feel you don't want to." She poured her mind out as she glared at me.

I fidgeted with the Hem of my dress.

"I am so sorry," I said to her in a low voice.

"Why are you apologizing? You shouldn't be. You should be too simple, Mrs. Winslow, people will use it against you." She advised me.

"Okay. Thank you." I said to her,

"I want more than okay, I want you to join me in watching the movie and you are going to." She took my hand and carefully dragged me with her to the living room.

She sat me down on the couch as she sat beside me.

She switched on the television and put it on Netflix.

We stayed watching a series and it was so interesting that I didn't want to stop watching it.

The bell rang and she went to check who was there.

She opened the door and Amelia entered the house with a traveling bag.

What is she doing here again?