-20- A taste of Amelia's medicine

Natasha's point of view:

"Hello," she smiled at me as she entered the living room.

"Hello," I said to her sternly as I was uninterested in her visit or her existence.

"Bring in my boxes and put them in my room." She said to Joseline.

"I am here to spend a few weeks with my brother." She replied to no one in particular because no one asked her.

"Okay ma" Joseline said to her as she left the living room.

"It feels good to be home!" She threw her arms out as she turned around.

Home?

"How have you been, Nats? How has my brother been treating you? Should I be expecting a nephew or niece?" She asked in mockery.

I squeezed my face in disgust.

She pointed at my face.

"Wait, don't tell me there is nothing between you and my brother. Like you haven't had anything together as a couple. You haven't consummated your marriage with him?" If I didn't know her, I would have believed her facial expression.

She looked like she was in deep surprise, like she didn't know nothing was happening between her brother and me.

Her questions made me really uncomfortable.

She hissed.

"Your silence says it all. Your divorce will be nearer than expected. Imagine Xander not touching you at all. Xander of all people? Everyone knows how much he loves girls. For him not to even think of touching you, he must have hated you so much." She said like she really pitied me.

"Thank you, I will take my leave now." I excused myself.

"Where are you going?" She asked me.

"My room." I almost whispered.

"Okay, Enjoy the company of your room. We will be having a visitor tomorrow." She announced.

"Who is that?" I asked her.

"It's a surprise." She chuckled.

"But we will be having one tomorrow. So be prepared." 

I nodded and left for my room.

I only came out when it was dinner time.

"What are you preparing?" I asked joseline.

"I don't know." She sighed.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

"Miss Winslow asked me not to cook any food with my 'filthy hands'. She ordered food for us instead." She informed me.

"What did she mean by that?" 

"I don't know. It is obvious she doesn't want to eat my food. So she doesn't want the whole house to eat as well."

"If she wants to order food, she should do that for herself. Let's prepare dinner." I said to her and brought the ingredients out and started cooking.

"I think I told you not to prepare any food tonight. I don't want you to prepare any food with those filthy hands of yours." Amelia entered the kitchen and faced Joseline.

"I am not, ma. I am only helping Mrs Winslow to cook dinner." She replied in fear.

I ignored their drama and focused on my cooking.