15- A new life

Natasha's point of view:

He opened the door of his apartment and he got in, totally forgetting about my existence.

He is not even near a gentleman! 

I stared at his retreating back in disbelief.

I entered the house and took a quick glance at it all before setting down.

My stomach growled in hunger and I frowned at the space.

I would have had my breakfast if only he let us stay at his parents' house.

"What would you like to eat?" He asked me as he entered his kitchen.

"Anything." I said to him,

"Okay, I will just order." He said as typed away on his phone.

My phone chimed and I checked the inbox.

It was a message from that bitch, Stella.

I opened it and read it.

Congratulations on being married. Sorry I left the event early.' the message says.

I scoffed as I began to reply to her.

'I understand, boo. I know you had to leave me to run away with Eric. Have a good time with him.'

I typed but I cleared the message. Afraid of what will happen if I press the send button.

I locked my phone and put it beside me.

"I think I will just cook, then." He said.

"I thought you wanted to order?" I asked him.

"I want home made food." He answered me.

I nodded and stood up.

"Where is my room?" I asked him.

"I think it is yet to be arranged. You should relax and eat, and by the time you are done eating, your room will be ready." He explained.

Just then, his employees started bringing in my luggages.

"Can I help you in the kitchen?" I asked him.

"I can manage." He replied as he headed to the kitchen.

"But I don't want to sit down there and be jobless." I said to him,

"You can come if you want to."

I followed him and we made Mac and cheese for breakfast.

*

"Can I know where my room is now?" I asked him.

"Yes. The room beside mine." He replied to me.

"I don't know your room." I claimed.

"The third room on the right side is your room " He replied without looking up at me. He is just typing away on his laptop.

"Okay, thank you." I took my phone and headed upstairs.

I opened the door to that exact room and the first thing I did was to lay on the bed and so kept like a baby.

It was evening when I woke up and made my way downstairs but not before taking my bath and freshened up.

I was at the mid way when I started hearing noises from the living room.

I stopped on my track, contemplating on whether I should go or just skip dinner since I didn't want to meet the people. 

I later decided to go downstairs to meet his friends.

"Hello, Nats, " The handsome and reasonable guy, Nile, smiled at me.

"Hello." I said to him as I made my way to the kitchen.

"Have you been sleeping?" He asked me.

"Yes, why?" I asked him.

"Your face looks puffy."

"Oh! Yes, I have been sleeping." I replied to him as he headed to the kitchen..

"Okay. I brought you a gift. Can you check it?" He asked as he smiled at me.

"Can I ask you why you are gifting me?" I asked him.

"My wedding gift to you guys." He replied.

"Oh! Thank you." I managed to say.

Honestly, his face says otherwise.

He looks guilty or so.

"Are you alright?" I went straight to ask him.

"Yes, why?" He replied recklessly.

"You just look......" Before I could reply to him, the door of a room downstairs opened and a blonde haired girl came out of the room, followed by my newly wedded husband.

She totally ignored me as she made her way out of the house but not before bidding Cover a goodbye.

"Good bye." He replied uneasy.

There was one heck of tensed silence when she left and no one moved an inch.

"Have you had your dinner?" I asked Neil.

"No, no." He replied as he tried to force a smile.

"Then I will prepare for us." I dropped the gift and headed to the kitchen.

Seriously, if anyone asks if I was hurt,the answer is no.

A big no.

I didn't even feel anything.

I just felt disrespected and dishonored but I can't conclude anything since I don't know what they were doing inside the room.

What could a man and a woman be doing inside the room alone especially when the lady comes out with her lips being smeared on her lip gloss?

I concentrated on the cooking as I didn't want to think about it at all.

I am cooking dinner for us all, including Covey even though I know he is my enemy.

I think I just have to be strong for what's coming my way, because.....