[03] be ready for the mission

"Come out. We have to go to the agency." Bakugou knocked on the door.

Inside the room, F/n prepared herself for the weird and disgusting stares to be thrown at her. She soon heard Bakugou's voice telling her to come out.

She walked out of the room, biting her nails. But soon stopped doing that. She didn't want to let him know that she was nervous and scared.

"Get in the car. Before that, do you want something to eat?" He asked, coldly.

She shook her head and stepped into the car.

I don't remember her eating anything yesterday though. He thought.

The ride was going awkward and silent. She missed him so much, so she quietly kept taking glances at him without him noticing. She was in relief, at least he was doing good. Nothing changed in his life. She was disappointed but happy that he looked fine. She wanted to ask how his father was doing but how she didn't know.

"Ahm..." she mustered up the courage. "Y-Your father?"

"He is fine. You're not allowed to talk about him."

"Oh" was all she said. What could she say! He just told her to shut up. She was hoping if he could just ask how she had been till now. But if she didn't ask him why would he.

"Get o-" Before he could finish, F/n had already slammed the door shut. He gritted his teeth and got out of the car while she sweatdropped. She didn't mean to cut him off, it just happened.

Walking to the agency, people had already started gasping and throwing comments and stares at her. She blinked the tears away which had formed in her eyes and tried to not let them get to her. But it's all your fault. You have to suffer. Her voice spoke from inside.

She shook her head causing Bakugou to stare at her confusingly but he shrugged it off. Of course, he listened to all of the comments but didn't dare to do something about it.

"So what's the condition?" All might and midnight sat in Bakugou's office, staring at the girl with a blank expression on.

"What condition-" F/n words were cut off by the blonde.

"There is no condition. She didn't ask for anything." He said.

"Really? Well, that was easy." Midnight rolled her eyes.

"Hmm. So get to work, people. And wait- can I ask why you joined us back? So, You can gain your reputation back, right?"

F/n sighed. The truth was that would never be the reason. But who would believe her?

"You can think whatever you want to, sir." She bowed and exited.

"Something happened to her." Midnight said.

"Yeah! She used to smile all the time before."

"Can you two go now?" Bakugou looked at the old people with a blank and bored expression.

"Fine, geez!" All might sighed.

"Oh and text me the location we have to explore first."

"Yes, Bakugou. I will. Don't keep your phone on silent."

"Why?"

"You never pick up."

"Oh, about that my phone is never on silent. I just don't pick up the-"

"God! We're going!" Midnight said having enough of him.

Katsuki smirked. It just kind of irritated him how they didn't know what "something" had happened to her. After all, they were a part of "something".

He looked up as he heard three knocks to see F/n peeking in. His heart fluttered, all of a sudden but he didn't show it and just raised an eyebrow.

"When will we go?"

"Why? You have a problem?"

She internally sighed and gulped. The problem was that everyone is throwing comments at her. In the washroom, she just suffered from a pepper spray done by some girl.

"No, just tell me. Can you do that?"

Bakugou gritted his teeth. "When we get the location- and don't just stand there! Come inside if you have nothing to do!" He glared at her.

She came and sat in front of him, awkwardly and looked away from him because the good memories were so many that it hurt both of them to look at each other.

"You don't need your hero costume?"

"No, that was burnt anyway, so..."

"Burnt?" His eyes slightly widened. "By whom?"

"By everyone." She muttered but loud enough.

How much was there that he had no idea that happened to her?

"And your agency was-"

"Destroyed too."

"Why didn't you live with your family instead of...?"

Her breath hitched. "Get lost and never come back!" "Such a disappointment!" "I can't believe my daughter is such a slut." "Just get lost and don't come back." The voices rang in her ears. Why were they so clear?

She clenched her hands. "Don't ask too many questions."

Bakugou swore he saw tears in her eyes before she blinked.

"What the fuck did you- ah I see I cared too much about your existence for a second there. My bad." He said. Why did I have to say that!

Her blank eyes looked at him. They were blank but seemed broken to him.

"Uh..." she started but didn't know what to say so she shut her mouth. They both thanked all might hearing Bakugou's phone ding.

"Okay so- here's the information," Katsuki said and got up. He pulled a chair beside her and sat there.

"This is how that bastard looks."

She nodded, as she memorized his face.

"He worked as a bartender. Soon after, he disappeared from work. And now he looks like he's forming the new league of villains- wtf!" He talked to himself.

"Shouldn't we ask at the bar? I mean they must know something. Where he used to live and stuff."

"Don't know. All might send me the location and it says to go to the big city mall because he was last spotted there."

"But we'll just ignore the location." She said, focusing.

"As always, yeah. And if he was last spotted in the city mall."

"And if we calculate...his current location when we reach there is..."

"Somewhere near Aintree street!" Bakugou let out and looked at her. She stared back at him, "Right."

They were so close. Their faces almost touched. They couldn't stop looking at each other but a cough made from the door made them jerk back off.

"Uh yes, what do you need?" Bakugou cleared his throat.

"Ah well, Did you have breakfast, Bakugou-san?"

"Ye- No, I didn't" he changed his sentence. He had breakfast, yes, but the girl beside him didn't eat for who knows how long. "Bring some sandwiches." He ordered.

"You always ate before leaving to work." She mumbled, knowing he was lying. He always ate and he was punctual.

"Did you say something?"

"Yes, we should hurry and catch him as soon as possible. And his location must've changed till now."

"Use your mind. He's going to be next at that club down the street."

F/n furrowed her eyebrows but caught what he said, "if he's going to form a new league of villains, he will to go to a place with miserable people."

Bakugou smirked. "That's right. He's so dead."