Chapter 3

You got nothing to lose. You don't lose when you lose fake friends.

Joan Jett

Dad managed to get us all to school on time. Me and Jade got out of the car and looked straight at the school building. We both gave each other a nod then took our own separate ways. I headed straight for the girls bathroom because I know that my friends will be there. They've always looked out for me ever since mum died and I'm really grateful even though I drifted away, they still stayed here with me, throughout. I walked fast across the school playground as everyone was talking about their clothes and hair.

I slung my bag of my shoulder before entering the school building. There were teachers walking about and the smell of coffee. My eyes catched the green door of the girl's bathroom with the ladies sign on there. I went straight for it and opened the door. Straight away the smell of perfume hit me on the face. I looked around the small toilet and noticed no one was even here. I put my shoulder bag on the floor and looked at my reflection in the mirror. My hair was blown out in different directions because of the wind. I smoothed my hair out quickly with my hands and gave myself a positive smile.

I can do this today. Hopefully, no one will notice me and say anything. They normally expect me to be crying or something but I won't be, not today; I'll go through it and imagine that I have a mother at home who is waiting for my arrival.

I walked into one of the cubicles and just, well, walked around in circles ever since I had nothing else to do. I was about to walk out when I heard the bathroom door open leading in with the heels. I froze while my eyes shot open. I quickly retreated and walked back into the cubicle. I stood waiting for their voices to come out of their mouths.

"Where is Juliet?" I heard Clara ask. I took out a small amount of breath as I noticed I kept it in for too long.

"Who cares about her" I then heard Emma said. I froze back in my spot. Why would she say that about me? I thought she was my friend.

"Yes you're right, I don't know why we were still her friends when her mum died. She clearly couldn't be bothered with us anymore so what's the point of being her friend now?" Clara said. I bit down my lip from trying not to cry. How could they say that about me? I guess they were all being my fake friend all along.

"She's just a pathetic excuse of life" Emma said not bothering about the way she said that about me. "She's weak, just like her father". I clenched my hands into fists. How dare they? Fine, say stuff about me but say nothing about my father.

"Forget that loser. Have you seen her sister? She's way prettier than Juliet will ever be, she actually is the only decent one from her family after her mother". They all giggled.

"Her mother is nothing. I don't know why my mum was even jealous of her. She was just an ugly bitch who was an attention seeking whore". I breathed heavily in and out. That's it, they are getting it from me now. I walked out of the cubicle as they all stared at me with wide eyes.

"HOW COULD YOU?!" I said shouting at them. Right now I don't really care how loud my voice is, they deserve what's coming to them.

"Juliet we-

"OH JUST SHUT UP EMMA. I DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOUR ANNOYING LITTLE VOICE. I'M NOT DEAF, I HEARD EVERY SINGLE WORD YOU BOTH WERE SAYING!"

"Juli-

"SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO ME. ALL OF YOU ARE PUSSY'S. IF YOU CAN SAY THAT STUFF BEHIND MY BACK ABOUT ME, THEN I'M PRETTY SURE YOU CAN SAY IT TO MY FACE AS WELL. AND YOU KNOW WHAT, I DON'T GIVE A DAMN IN THE WORLD WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT ME. YEAH IT DID HURT WHEN I HEARD YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT THE WAY I LOOK AND HOW I'M NOT WORTHY BUT NO ONE, I MEAN NO ONE TALKS ABOUT MY MUM AND DAD. AND YOU KNOW WHAT, HAVE A LITTLE SHAME AND RESPECT BECAUSE YES YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT MY MUM BUT YOU ARE ALSO TALKING ABOUT A DEAD PERSON. BOTH OF YOU SICKEN ME, I CAN'T EVEN STAND TO LOOK AT EITHER ONE OF YOUR FACES NOW. I ACTUALLY THOUGHT THAT WE WERE FRIENDS BUT OBVIOUSLY, YOU PROVED ME WRONG. I KNOW THAT I WAS DISTANT FOR A VERY LONG TIME BUT IT WASN'T FOR ANY REASON. MY MOTHER DIED, SOMEONE I LOVED. AND I'M SURE THAT IF SOMEONE YOU LOVED DIED THEN YOU WOULD FEEL EXACTLY THE SAME. I'M JUST SAD AND HURT YOU HAVE NO IDEA! And you know what? Thank you. Thank you for making me realize that I spent my entire time on a pathetic excuse".

I picked up my bag from the floor and walked out of the toilets. I leant against the door and took a deep breath. I don't know why, but that felt so good...just to let it of my chest. I just can't believe that they used me all that time and to know they were saying that stuff about mum and dad behind my back. I look up and see Jade. She looked at me and made a caring gesture for me to follow her. I nodded my head as she walked along. I followed behind her back. It's pretty weird that even though Jade is younger than me, she's taller than me.

"So want to tell me what happened in there?" She said looking at me with her arms crossed over her chest. I shook my head as a no and looked to the ground. "I'm sure if mum was here she would be disappointed in all of us". Jade said. I looked up at her confused. Why is Jade saying something like this for? Why would mum be disappointed?

"What do you mean?" She sighed and tapped her fingertips on her arms. We reached outside in the playground as people walked past us.

"Well look at all of us. We're not even a family anymore. All of us have drifted apart. We hardly talk to each other, the only time we do is when it's important. I mean come on Juliet. you should have at least noticed that by now" I looked over to my left and saw some guys playing football. "Are you even listening to me?" Jade said. Her voice leaked of irritation and anger.

"What's the point of listening. I think I've already heard enough". She looked at me with raised eyebrows.

"What do you mean?" I looked around us and noticed everyone looking and pointing at me and Jade weirdly.

"Look at everyone. They think we are low life freaks" She then began laughing weirdly. Jade is really sick.

"You know what I was just trying to get you to talk more ever since you were the most loved child but I see there is no point because now you're ashamed to be seen with me". I opened my mouth and shook my head.

"Jade its not-

"Save it for someone who actually cares". She said with tears in her eyes. She then ran off straight ahead pushing people out of the way. What have I done?