Chapter 22

VERY SHORT CHAPTER

"What do you mean there's no evidence. Is my neck and the scar that's left on my family enough?!" I find myself screaming at the police officer and detective in front of me. They go there's nothing here and that we were probably imagining things.

"Juliet, honey...you need to calm down" Dad says taking hold of my hand.

"Dad what do you mean that I need to calm down? I saw him...I saw him with my own eyes!" I yell back with fear. How could they have not found any evidence?

"Officers, can I please request security outside of my house for a week" Granddad suggests. I immediately nod my head at his suggestion. I know granddad is hiding something big but knowing that the police is going to do something satisfies me.

"Ok but we will only do this for a week. If nothing happens then we can't do anything" The man says sternly.

"I'll lead you out" Jackson tells them. They follow Jackson leaving me, dad and granddad behind. Jade has gone out with her new friends and said she'll be back before dinner.

"Juliet you have nothing to worry about" Granddad says softly.

"How can I not? I have bruises on my neck, I saw him myself. He...-" I cut my words off and try to shrug of the feel of his hands on me.

"Is there something you aren't telling us?" Dad asks granddad. Granddad looks over at dad and raises his eyebrow.

"What do you want to hear Andrew...that I'm living with a murderer?"

"If it satisfies us then yes" Dad replies back. Granddad takes his glasses of and rubs his eyes.

"Juliet I have been living in this house ever since your mother was born. She even lived here and nothing like this has happened. I'm not hiding anything" Granddad tells the both of us.

"Ok, I believe you" Dad walks off leaving me and granddad behind.

"I know that you know him granddad...there's no point in lying" I tell him.

"I'm doing what's best for the family" He says before walking away. I don't know if he's going to come tonight but if he is....then he knows what's coming his way.