Chapter 9

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy." Anne Frank

"Wow I can't believe that we are actually here" Jade said from next to me. I nodded my head agreeing with her statement. Looking around everyone just walked past minding their own business. Dad was looking really happy as well as Jackson.

"So where do we go now?" Jackson asked dad. Dad looked at Jackson then picked up his suitcase from the floor.

"Your granddad will be waiting outside for us so let's go" He said happily. Jade put her arm around my shoulder and we walked outside of the airport.

"I was hoping to get some sunshine here but it's the same as home" Jade said from next to me. Jackson looked behind at us and smiled.

"It's New Jersey. It's always cold and tending to rain here so their won't exactly be much of a weather change after al" He said replying back.

"I don't even know how granddad even looks like now" I told Jade. She looked at my face and her eyes widened.

"Oh yeah how are we going to spot him out then?" She said back. We looked at each other's faces trying to figure something out.

"But dad is going to know" I told her. She thought for a minute then nodded her head.

"What am I going to know?" Dad said from the front but not turning around to look at us.

"How granddad looks like" I heard dad chuckle slightly.

"Don't worry I'm sure he looks the same" Dad said. I looked around once more and saw people walking past fast or some people just standing still and greeting the people that just came back or going.

"I heard granddad still lives in the mansion. This is going to be awesome with the Ferraris and everything- man we'll be living the dream" Jackson said looking overjoyed.

"Jackson I don't want you to squeeze everything out of your grandfather's pocket. I want you to settle in first and if he provides you anything then you will react if he is not then settle back down into your cage" Dad told him sternly.

We went through the automatic doors and we're outside the airport. The wind slapped against my skin as goose pumps raised from the bottom till the top. I clutched the jean jacket tighter against me trying to block out the coldness of the wind. My eyes automatically whizzed about trying to find granddad. I still know how he looks like from the time I was small.

He never used to have a beard; he hated it because it always irritated grandma. Grandma died when she gave birth to mum so that was very heart aching for granddad. But, when mum died he just stopped everything like me, dad, Jade and Jackson. He couldn't live on anymore but I guess reality hit him hard which made him realize you only live once so live it to your absolute best.

Snapping back into reality I saw a man from the far distance smiling and waving at me. Wait is that granddad? Wow he looks good. The man that said he was never going to have a beard has a beard and wears glasses on, but those eyes are still the same. I waved back slowly still in shock. I took my eyes away and looked at dad who was still finding granddad. Touching his shoulder dad turned around and gave me a questioning look.

"What?" He said.

"I think I found granddad" Dad looked at me with raised eyebrows.

"Ok fine where is he then?" Dad asked me. I pointed at the direction of granddad but made sure only dad saw where I was pointing because it's rude to point. Dad followed the gaze of my finger and saw granddad smiling at him. Dad smiled and gave him a small wave as well.

"Alright kids lets go to our new home then" Dad said smiling at all of us. We took the suitcases and headed into the parking lot to see granddad standing there with his hands in his pockets.

"Granddad I missed you so much" Jackson said squealing like a little girl. He put the suitcase down and started running towards granddad.

"He seems really happy then" Dad said with humour in his eyes. Jackson was hugging granddad and seemed really joyful about it. I looked at Jade and she looked at me back smiling.

"Shall we?" She said raising her eyebrow when saying the sentence.

"Let's go" I said to her. Once Jackson stopped hugging granddad he looked at us and smiled even widely.

"GRANDAD!"Me and Jade said loudly in unison. We let go off the bag as well and started running towards granddad. Soon enough I was in comfort of one of my family members. I looked up at him as he smoothed my blonde hair out of my eyes.

"Just like your mother. You both look just like your mother...very very beautiful" Granddad had a happy look on his face but from the inside I know that he was tearing apart even more. I gave him a sad smile and hugged him again.

Granddad's arm around me loosened as he put his arm around my shoulder. I looked up and saw him looking at a very awkward standing dad.

"Adam it's nice to see you" Granddad said looking and talking to dad. Dad raised his eyebrows and put his hand in his jean pocket.

"You to Gregory, it's been a very long time" Dad said back in the same tone of voice.

"Well are you just going to stand there or come and give your father-in-law a big 'I missed you hug?'" Dad's face broke into a smile as he took a step.

"Stop right there dad" Jackson said. Dad looked at Jackson confused. What is Jackson doing?

"Jackson what are you doing?" He took a glance of my face and then looked back at dad.

"I am very disappointed in you" Jackson said crossing his arms over his chest looking very stern.

"What did I do now Jackson?" Dad said very tiredly. I looked over at granddads face to see him looking really confused. I don't blame him, he doesn't know what has been happening with us for the past few years.

"You have to run and hug granddad like we did" He said stepping aside. At the same time me and dad blew out a deep breath. Dad looked at granddads approval.

"Why not? Come on son, show me you can hug better than these ones" Dad smiled and started running slowly towards granddad. Me and Jade moved out the way as dad came to give granddad a big hug.

We started laughing and made our way out.