Chapter 26

"So we all know why we are here" I say before sitting down on my bed.

"You mean we all know why me, you and your granddad are here" The ghost replies back with a smirk. I still unfortunately don't know his name. He said that if he tells me his name he would know that I'm going to search it up...which is true.

"Granddad he drank a lot of blood from me last night" I tell granddad getting straight to the point. Granddad's eyes widen as he stares at the ghost.

"I give you blood every single day...why would you drink out of my granddaughter for?" Granddad asks him with anger. The ghost shrugs his shoulders in response and leans himself against the wall.

"I needed a change" He replies back smugly.

"Granddad he needs to go from this room. Can't he stay in yours?" I ask.

"But I like staying in your room...you remind me of your mum" He says to me. Him saying that I remind him of mum gets me sad. I was nothing like mum and him saying that just...

"Don't say things are like that Christopher" Granddad says. He just said his name...his name is Christopher? The sadness completely evaporates as the ghost groans.

"Why did you have to say my name for?" The ghost is now banging his head against the wall in defeat.

"What's his last name granddad?"

"Payne" Granddad says smoothly. Oh yes, I have now got his surname as well.

"Christopher Payne...why hello Christopher Payne"

"I'm leaving" Before granddad can say anything Christopher disappears in thin air.

"He is so hard to handle" Granddad tells me tiredly.

"You should go to bed granddad. You must be tired" Granddad nods his head in agreement and leaves my room. I'm going to do my research tomorrow and find out his back story.

**********

Oh my God, I can't believe he went through that. Christopher died in his dreams...in the house we're living in. That's why he's roaming around, he's not satisfied by his death. What is he looking for then...there must be something or someone he is trying to find or get something out of. I need to talk to him about this when I see him tonight.

"Why you looking up war people shorty?"

"Go away Christian" I reply back. I quickly ex the tab and switch the computer off.

"I thought we kissed and made up after me rescuing you yesterday" He says following me out of the library.

"Are you bi-polar or something?" I ask him.

"Well I know I'm not but I know that you are" Rolling my eyes at what he said I fasten my pace away from him.

"Just leave me alone. Do you like to bother me or something?"

"Yes, yes I do"

"If you aren't going to say anything nice to me then I suggest you leave" We stare at each other for what seems like a minute when he breaks it apart.

"You obviously can't take a joke, sorry for making an effort" He's trying to be friends with me, I'm such an idiot.

"Christian.." He walks away leaving me to look after him. That wasn't how this was supposed to end.

***********

"This pizza is so good!" I exclaim in excitement. Dad laughs and takes another slice biting down into it. We all just found out that dad got a job as a police officer so we all decided to celebrate in happiness.

"Is it me or has Juliet been locked up in her room more often?" Jade asks out loud. Great, I thought nobody noticed my disappearance for the last week but looks like they did.

"I've just been occupied" I reply back softly.

"You know I saw you with another boy today and from the looks of it he has a thing for you" My eye immediately fall on dad's who is now starting to look uncomfortable.

"Jade don't be stupid. I was with no boy today" I take another bite out of my pizza hoping to have her avoid this topic.

"Yes you were. I saw you and him coming out of the library today" She must be talking about Christian.

"Who's he?" Jackson asks walking in with our drinks in his hands.

"This boy Juliet was with today?" Jackson's eyes widen like a saucepan as he takes in this information.

"Was it that stupid Leo guy?"

"No. It was your stupid friend Christian!" Jackson nods his head and puts our drinks down on the table.

"Jade you don't need to worry about any boy's" I assure her. She gives me a sly wink and we continue eating. I still need to confront Christopher from the information I collected about him today...hopefully he takes it well.