Chapter 7

Even if happiness forgets you a little bit, never completely forget about it.

~Jacques Prévert

"Ok so I called you guy's down because I wanted to talk to you about something" Dad said while pacing up and down the living room.

"You don't say" I heard Jackson mumble underneath his breath. I controlled my anger and swore. Maybe what Jackson said about moving away was right. But ever since Jackson told me that, I've been really happy. I really need a new, fresh, clean start in my life. It's the best for me, dad, all of us.

"We are moving to New Jersey to live with your grand-father" I was bursting with joy from the inside but tried not to show it- so Jackson did instead. He sprang up from the sofa and started dancing around. I smiled to see how happy Jackson was. I looked over at Jade to see her smiling and dad was laughing. This is what our family should have looked like from the beginning- happy. "So I'm guessing you're all happy with the news" I nodded my head and Jackson screamed yes. What he did next was really surprising for all of us. He went over and hugged dad. Dad looked shocked himself but managed to compose himself and return Jackson's hug.

"Thank you dad, thank you so much" Jackson said smiling proudly. Dad patted his back.

"You're welcome son. I wanted the best for all of us and I did what I thought was going to be right. I tried hard to try and earn as much money as I could on my own so we could buy our own house when we get to New Jersey. But I couldn't, see it was too hard so your grand-father said he was more than happy for us to stay there because we are all family" Dad said. I got up and hugged dad.

"It's ok dad, it's ok. You're the strongest person I've ever known in my life, the kindest and most grateful. You still cared about us even though we all messed up, or did bad stuff, or disrespected you. And I can't thank you enough for all of the hard work you put in to handle us. Thank you dad. Thank you" Dad was crying as he gave me a sad smile. Jade came up and he gave all of us a big hug.

"This is what we were missing and we finally found it" Jackson said while looking at me and smiling. I smiled back at him and we all hugged tighter. It might be cheesy but it was perfect.