Chapter 4

There can be no deep disappointment where there is not deep love.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Ok you guys can leave now. Be safe on the streets kids, you don't know what's out there these days" My weird science teacher said. He's always been creepy ever since I first came in this class. With his short grey hair and Harry Potter glasses. But, the weirdest thing about him is that he's shorter than me. I pick up my bag from underneath the desk and tuck in my chair, I was making my way out of the classroom when he stops me.

"Juliet, can I please have a word with you before you go

"Yes sir". He began shuffling some pieces of papers together and re-arranging his desk so it was clean.

"Your failing my class and this year is important for you, it's your GCSE. I'm afraid I will have to move you down to BTEC" He said giving me a sad look. I shook my head as a no, I can't move down to BTEC, I need this to get into college.

"Sir please, no...you can't do this" I beg him but he just gives me a helpless look. "I can't move down, it's too late...sir please, I will try extra hard, just please don't move me down". He sighed and took of his Harry Potter glasses.

"I'm really sorry Juliet".

"It's ok sir" I gritted my teeth together to stop myself from crying; I gave him a small nod and quickly left his room. I'm such a disappointment. I've literally just ruined my family name and it's my entire fault. Dad is going to be so mad at me. I've always wanted to make him proud and show him that after mum's death I will stay strong.

But all of this show's I'm a weak pathetic loser who can't be bothered to do anything with her life.

I start making my way towards the school gates to go home. Normally me and Jade go home together but I know she left without me. I don't blame her after what happened between the two us she's still probably really angry at me. I look down and began walking down the street. The wind blew onto me making me shiver against its cold touch. I felt the goose bumps on my skin starting to arise; I ignored the feeling and started walking faster than my normal pace. I touched the cold button for the traffic lights and waited for the bright red light to appear for me to cross the road. I put my hands into my jean pocket and rocked back and forth on my foot heal waiting patiently.

DING DING DING DING DING

I shook and stepped back feeling my heart starting to race. I looked up and noticed it was red lights, I composed myself and quickly walked across the road. Picking up my pace I quickly ran past people to get home ever since it's so cold- I have to tell the news to dad. I catched my breath as I slowly started walking to the doorstep of the house. My bag slipped of my shoulder but I ignored it and ringed the doorbell. The front door opened to reveal Jackson looking really angry as he glared at me. I walked past him to get into the house, I heard him bang the door behind him. I turned around and saw him looking at me as if he was about to murder someone.

"Jack are you ok?" He threw his head back and began to laugh loudly. He held onto his stomach as he banged the wall with his fist.

"Did you just honestly ask me that question?" He said trying to calm down from laughing. I nodded my head slowly, this time he stopped laughing and composed his straight position.

"Do you mind telling me what happened in your school today?" He said really casually. My chest tightened, oh no I think he knows about the BTEC issue that happened. But how did he find out anyway? There is no way he got a letter or message.

"Come on I'm waiting". He said patting his foot onto the floor repeatedly. I sighed and looked down away from his darkening gaze

"I'm doing BTEC". I said mumbling underneath my breath. I heard him clear his throat.

"I'm sorry I didn't quiet catch that". I looked up at him and saw him put a hand to his ear.

"I said I'm doing BTEC". He took his hand of his ear and crossed his arm over my chest and made noises to me in disappointment.

"Actually that's not what I even wanted to get out of you but good thing you have now told me. I'm talking about what you did to Jade". Jade obviously must have told Jackson about what happened between us. Ever since they're both so close all the time, even when mum was here they weren't so close to me.

"Look, it was a misunderstanding" He slightly chuckled underneath his breath.

"Misunderstanding, Jade crying is not a misunderstanding".

"I said something and she took it the wrong way. I never meant to hurt her in anyway. She's my little sister and I care and have some respect for her so I would never do that".

"ARE YOU ANSWERING BACK TO ME? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU! IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT ANYWAY THAT EVERYTHING HAD FALLEN APART. YOU'RE THE REASON WHY MUM DIED IN THE CAR ACCIDENT. YOU'RE THE REASON THAT OUR FAMILY NAME HAS NOW BEEN RUINED FOREVER. OH YOU JUST HAD TO SAY TO MUM 'OH MUMMY I WANT A FUCKIN TOY CAN YOU PLEASE GET ME A TOY WITH UNCLE TOMMY' AND WHAT DID MUM DO BACK, SHE SAID OK. YOU'RE THE REASON SHE DIED. IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT EVEYTHING IS. I HATE YOU AND I HATE YOUR BLOODY FACE. I CAN'T EVEN STAND TO LOOK AT YOU RIGHT NOW!"

"I'm sorry ok I'm sorry". I realized that I was crying and that there were tears falling down my face. It is my fault and I regret it every day.

"I don't give a damn if you're sorry. But let me tell you one thing, I'm not one you should be apologizing to. You should be apologizing to dad for taking away mum from him. I'm sure you know how he feels. Oh wait, you don't because he knew her longer than you". He walked past me and ran upstairs and left me alone to my misery.