8~🥀

It had been a couple weeks after your abuela died. 

You had recovered, but not fully. Everyone else seemed to be happy, why bring them down?

You and isabela didn't talk anymore. She basically ignored you. Your heart stings as she walks past you towards Mariano. You felt betrayed, why should you feel betrayed? 

You hung out with Camilo, Ariana and Mirabel. They all comforted you/made you feel better, at the same time also being funny.

Isabela never left your mind. Her beautiful hair, her smile, her eyes, just her.

You planned too ask her if anything was wrong.

Today was that day.

Mirabel made you a dress that had flowers carefully embroidered onto it, the dress was purple, long and graceful. It minded you a lot of Isabelas.

You walked towards her room, before being stopped by Julieta.

"Hello dear, can you help me with something?" Julieta asks you a question, and you felt too guilty not too, so you helped her.

All she wanted you to do was too try her Arepa. It was delicious, so you told her it was amazing. She smiled at you and let you go.

Again you headed for Isabela's door, this time being able to reach it and open it.

"Hey...Isabela? A-are you ok?" You opened the door and saw her lying on the bed.

"Y/N? Yeah i'm fine..." Isabela hurried her sentence, she was not fine.

You glared at her, crossing your arms.

"Have i done something? Be honest Isabela. Have i done something." 

Isabela flinched as you called her by her name, you always called her Isa or rosa, never Isabela.

You notice Isabela's eyes swell up with tears, she wiped her eyes.

"Fine, if you want too know, ill tell you."

She walked up too you, shutting the door.

"Before I start, this takes some confidence too say," 

Isabela sat you down, tears crawling into your eyes as well. 

"Isabela.."

"I-I like you! More than a friend! Mariano told me he wanted too marry someone else, so i came clean too him. I knew you had the wrong i-idea, i couldn't talk too you, it felt too awkward. Im so sorry, i know you don't feel the same way. You never will. Why does it matter? Im telling this too early! Just forget i- "

"Isabela!" 

Isabela stood in-front of you, looking down as she sobbed lightly.

What could you do?

You liked her back, a lot.

Your hands trembled, the door opening.

Ariana peered through the crack, Dolores popping her head at the door as well.

"we heard everything." Dolores said, pushing the door further, revealing Mirabel and Luisa.

...

This was so awkward.

Luisa, Mirabel, Ariana and Dolores all stared at you and Isabella, Dolores squeaking whenever you looked back at her. 

They were still outside the door.

"Oh..I can hear Mi madre call me, Bye" Dolores left in a hurry.

"Camilo's probably wondering where his food his," Ariana said, revealing arepas hidden in her skirt, she walked off.