Chapter 25

I thank God and my lucky stars, darling, don't you know what you are? ~ Camila Cabello

"It's too big," I scrunch my nose.

Victor's eyes dropped, "it's always been the perfect size for me" he shrugged his shoulders.

I shook my head and grabbed a smaller package of lemonade mix. "We don't need that much for seven people, that's enough for twenty already." 

"Bryants coming over so it'll be eight actually."

"He is?" I look back at the mix in my hands. "I mean still that's only one extra person. This will do." I placed it into the cart and continued pushing it.

Kendall sent us out to the supermarket to get some food for the barbecue today. It was for her husband's return, and she gave us a long list to go through that we were already halfway through.

"What's next on the list?" I looked over my shoulder.

"Two packs of drumsticks and two of wings," he read off the paper. I made a u-turn and headed down the aisle to the meat section.

I skim the packages of chicken, my hand reaches out to a pack but accidentally bumps into someone's hand. "Sorry," we both say.

I look up, my eyes narrow into a glare when we lock eyes. "You!" We both gasp.

Anne crossed her arms, "of course I run into you here. What are you doing, shopping for your boyfriend?" She smirked.

Victor walks up to the cart and drops a container of sour cream into the cart. I grimace while he walks away clueless to what he just left me with.

Anne scoffs, "what are you guys married or something?" Her eyes followed after Victor as he walked off.

"Just shopping Anne," I sigh. She was wearing some shorts and a cute top. Almost everyone in the store was wearing shorts. It was too hot for anything else, I myself am wearing one of my favorite skirts. Standing next to the cold air felt nice against my skin.

I let her get the chicken she wanted and watched her stroll away. She turned on her heels with a "later loser," and left me be. I'm glad she didn't try to start a fight in the middle of a grocery store.

I picked out the asked amount of chicken and found Victor holding our place in line. When I looked in the cart, everything off the list was in there. "How'd you find everything else so quickly?"

He picked up a few chocolate bars and tossed them in the cart. "I got them while you were too busy talking to your friend back there."

I rolled my eyes, "she is not my friend."

Nico walked into the kitchen while we were unpacking the bags. His feet stopped in front of Victor, he scanned the room before motioning for him to bend down to his level. He whispered something in his ear.

I raised an eyebrow, Victor nodded his head and reached into the bag on top of the counter. He pulled the chocolate bars he got earlier and handed it to him. Nico took his goods and ran out the room in a flash.

"Didn't his mom say she was weaning him off candy because it was like crack for him?"

"Ahh I don't recall," he said.

I opened my mouth to say something but Kendall walked in at that moment. "Oh good, you guys are back. The chef I got should be here soon." She tucked a piece of hair behind her ear and looked up at the family clock. "Your dad shouldn't be back for a few hours so you guys have free time before he comes. Thanks for the help!"