Chapter 48

Baby let me love you down, there's so many ways to love ya ~ Usher

I didn't know what to expect from Victor when I told him I had to leave. I wasn't expecting him to burst out into tears and beg my mom to let me stay. Not even a little. The most shocking reaction I got was actually from his mother herself.

When I say Kendall was devastated, I mean she was devastated. The first thing she did was utterly shut down. Almost as if she was in a dramatic movie she dropped her mail on the counter. Turning on her heels she stared at my mom in disbelief.

You know the five stages of grief: Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance and so and so? Yeah well, she's now in her depression stage. Without sparing us a glance she marched to her room like a two-year-old and slammed her door shut. I for one was speechless, but my mom looked like she expected it.

Cora and Nico were opposed to the idea and sad as well. It was a gloomy night. I spent the rest of my evening worrying about where Victor went. I called him several times, but they all went to voicemail.

Everyone was too sad to notice he wasn't at the dinner table tonight. I bit down on my lip as I waited by the front door in the sitting room. I wrapped the blanket tighter around myself, laying comfortably on the couch. When I thought I was going to fall asleep the door swung open.

Victor quietly shut the door and silently made his way to the stairs. I tip-toed behind him and tapped his shoulder. He froze in his place. Slowly turning his head, his shoulders dropped when he saw me. "You just scared the shit out of me," he breathed his chest heaving up and down.

I pointed to myself stupidly, "me?"

"Yes, you. Why were you up so late?" He scratched the back of his head.

"Why were you out so late?" I countered back, crossing my arms. I didn't sit on that couch for a few hours just so he could be the one to interrogate me.

"I already told you my reason," he said strolling over to the stairs.

"What did you do?" I asked, climbing the stairs behind him.

"Don't worry about it," he plainly said.

I ran in front of him blocking his bedroom door. "Tell me," I demand.

He shook his head, "I can't tell you right now. I need things to go according to plan." He drew closer to me, entrapping me against the door. I walked right into this one.

The corners of his mouth tried to fight a smile as his hand snaked around the back of my neck. He's trying to distract me, and I'm falling right into it. He held my waist with his other hand, and my body couldn't help melting into his touch.

His thumb slipped under my shirt, rubbing circles along my waist. "Victor, tell me," I whined.

Pulling me closer to him, he grabbed my face, smashing his lips on mine. I place my arms around his neck as he spun us around, with him against the door.

With his arm hooked around me, he broke away, leaning his forehead on mine. "Aniya," he whispered tenderly against my lips.

"Hmm?"

"Don't. Worry. About. It." He states clearly to me. He went back inside his room, saying "goodnight" before the door closed.

I huffed and went to my room. Mumbling to myself, "it's freaking morning."

My countdown has officially started I have six days until I have to move. I spent most of my time packing my room and talking to my school about my departure.