Chapter 34

Money fall on you, banana fall on you, paparazzi follow you. 'Cause, I'm in love with you ~ Davido

"This is what you made me wake up so early for?" I crossed my arms. I stepped to the side as a kid nearly bumped into me.

Nathan chuckled, looking down at the small plant in his hand. "It's for an experiment, I just need you to carry it around all day and then return it back in 6th period."

"What's the experiment on?" My tired eyes sparkled with interest. The bright green plant bounced with life.

"You'll find out, just keep it safe for me alright?" He carefully handed me the plant, officially putting it in my possession.

I put a hand to my head and saluted, "yes sir. You can count on me!"

"You have got to be kidding me," not even two hours in and already the precious plant that was trusted to me was on the floor. A bit of soil spilled out and covered the green and white tiles in brown.

I turned to the person who rammed into me from behind. A tall vixen smirked sinisterly, I gaped. "Seriously Fay, watch where you're going." I bent over to scoop the remaining soil back into its cardboard holder.

"I told you to stay away from Victor. Jessie told me about the way you stole his attention the whole time she was there. That's not what we agreed on."

I chuckled darkly, standing to my feet. "We literally live together. What the hell do you want? For me to stay locked up in my room? Sorry, but if you think I'm going to listen to you. Over some petty mess like that, then you're wrong. Plus I never agreed to anything, you did most of the talking,"  I huffed.

"You're so pathetic."

I scoffed, tell me why I'm still arguing with this girl.

"A little advice, from one black girl to another, let the white people date their own kind. You should find yourself a nice black king who will treat you right. Like I did." She nodded confidently.

I gasped, "Fay-"

"Tell me why you think bothering Aniya will magically cause a change in heart for Jessie?" Victor came up behind the both of us. I then noticed the people watching us in the halls. I rolled my eyes at the unwanted audience.

Fay stood there flabbergasted, she really wasn't expecting for him to hear her ridiculous words. I waited expectantly, I would like to know too.

"Jessie and I are friends and only friends. Nothing about that will change so you might as well stop trying. If she can't understand that then we can stop being friends, it's that simple."

"Why all of a sudden you want to start acting different? When have you ever liked Aniya? You literally rejected her freshman year!" She pushed an accusing finger in his face.

"Oh my god why can't any of you move on!" I threw my hands in the air. "That was three years ago now, how are you still talking about it?" I groaned. Am I just some reoccurring joke to this school? I glared daggers in Fay's direction.

Jessie came around the hall, her eyebrows furrowed when she saw her best friend arguing with us. "Fay what's wrong?" she stood by her side.

"Your friend won't leave me alone, that's what wrong," I growled. Victor stood stone cold next to me, his hands stuffed in his pockets.

Jessie looked around innocently, "what is she talking about Fay?" She giggled nervously as she could feel the amused stares digging into her.

Fay kept her mouth shut into a thin line. The halls were quiet and I'm pretty sure the bell has long rung. Jessie tried to make eye contact with her but she kept dodging her stares.