Chapter 44

Baby you just need to send for me ~ Rihanna

Drip. Drip. Drip.

I rubbed the side of my head. Darkness was all I'd seen for the past few days, all I could feel. I'm not even sure how many. All I know is that stupid drip resounding in my ear. It's making me go crazy.

I tried to pinpoint where it originated. To my misfortune, the constant drip of who knows what continues to ring in my ears. Yelling won't help. I already tried that. My legs can't carry me more than five feet of the area I'm stuck in. Crying won't help either, I now understand why people say to save your tears, cause boy did I miss them right now.

"You know it's called murder if I starve to death!" I screamed into the dark abyss hoping someone would at least have the decency to feed me, perhaps a drink of water.

I coughed into my shirt, my throat uncomfortably dry. "At least give me something to drink!" I yelled up again. I laid back on the wall when I heard footsteps on the way down here. The small door opened, a smidge of light peeping behind the short figure.

"So she finally decides to show up. What do you plan on doing? Leave me here for dead? You're not smart enough to get away with it." I glared at her.

With a smooth flick, a silver blade slid out of its holder. "Sure! Just answer me this one question truthfully and I'll get you something to drink." Chills ran down my spine, her voice eerily calm and warm. Inviting almost. Like a sweet old lady offering little kids a plate of cookies and warm milk, in exchange for information.

How can someone sound like that with a knife pointed at you in their hand?

I blew out a puff of air, "what?"

"Why did you hurt Victor?" Her steady voice came out.

My eyes bulged out of my head, my body going rigid. "I did not hurt him, it was his freaking father. Like I said I would never hurt my own boyfriend. I'm not a monster!" I practically screamed. I swear if this is the sole reason I'm stuck down here I'm gonna murder a bitch.

"LIAR," she yelled, the blade coming down anyways. My chest heaved up and down, the tip only grazed my thigh, drawing a little blood. The rest were stuck in the ground, the handle similar to the sword King Author so easily pulled out of stone.

"Good luck getting out, I'd like to see you die trying," she laughed maniacally, dusting her hands off. I scowled at her retreating figure. The door shut again, taking what little light I had left.

Fuck, fuck, fuck, how do I even get myself into this mess? I patted the area around me for any type of material to wipe the blood away.

I seriously need to come up with an escape plan. Rather than waiting for a rescuer, I might as well just rescue myself. The restraints on my hands and feet may delay my plan though.

I bet my mom is worried sick. I can't imagine how Victor must be handling things as well. Do they even know I've been kidnapped? Do they think I've run away? I mean it's not like me but still.

Tears welled up in my eyes, I seriously have to get out of here. I'm going to miss homecoming, that stupid dance Victor got on one knee for. A small chuckle left my mouth at the memory.

Feeling fatigued and exhausted, my heavy eyelids closed shut. I woke up to a series of screaming from upstairs. My eyebrows creased as I tried to make out words. The sounds of heavy footsteps headed in my direction.

"NO, NO, DON'T YOU DARE-"

The door swung wide open again and a much taller figure stood in the frame. I squinted, the form moving fast towards me.

Victor?

"The fuck is this Jessie?" His deep voice came out. I couldn't recognize it, foreign to my ears. One thing for sure is he reeked of nicotine, the smell filled the whole room.

Jessie ran down the stairs, shoving the guy in front of me. "I told you not to come down here!"

"Why the hell is this random girl in our basement," he swung his attention over to me. I begged with pleading eyes to do something to help me out. He just chuckled, turning back to Jessie, "she's kinda cute though. Can I have her?"

She scoffed, crossing her arms. "I don't care what you do to her, just don't let her pass those stairs," she gestured to the basement's exit.

"Can someone please just get me some water," I muttered, my leaning my head back against the wall. The temperature down here was very humid and hot. Beads of sweat slid down my forehead and back.

"Sure doll," the guy smirked. He quickly left and came back with a bottle of water in his hand. "Open wide," he coached.

With how near he was I could have kicked him in the crotch. I opened my mouth, tipping my chin up. I almost choked as the cool water slid down my throat. My organs danced in happiness, finally having something to work with.

"Good girl," he grinned. "I have work but I'll come back for you later, and you know we can have some...fun."

My upper lip curled in disgust. God, he's sick.

Jessie rolled her eyes, following after him. The door shut again, leaving me to my thoughts.

As I put my mastermind plan together, time flew by. I had been counting in my head and it's been at least three hours. I was getting ready to call again when the door flung open. A different figure in the doorway, this one much shorter than the last and thicker.

The girlish figure rushed to me, unlocking the cuffs around my wrists and pulling me to my feet. My body swayed and my legs almost collapsed from under me. My head was woozy, vision blurry. "What now," I asked, eyebrows creased.

My feet began to move as I was pushed forward. The lady beside me struggled with something in her hands before sticking it into something. My eyes widened, and another door that led outside was opened before me.

With my hands behind my back, I was led up a hill to the front where a sleek black car waited for me. I shook my head, "no, no, please don't" I begged. The closer we got to the car the more I panicked.

I pulled my elbow back, sending a blow to her chest. She groaned, letting go of me. I made a move to run, but hands caught my shoulders and slammed me against the door of the car. "GET OFF OF ME" I yelled at the top of my lungs. It had to be about six in the morning. The sun was barely in the sky yet.

I gasped as my head slammed against the car, knocking me out for good.

The next time my eyes opened I was laying in the backseat of my car. The pounding in my head was strong. The ring of my phone perked me up, I searched for it, finding it right where I left it in the passenger's seat.

The caller I.D of Victor's name lit up my phone's screen. I answered it immediately, "hello," I coughed.

"Aniya? Where the hell did you go? Are you okay?" His voice was laced with concern, I could hear the faintest of movement in the background.

I peered out the window, recognizing the building behind me, "School parking lot," I said dryly. Clicking the phone off I laid back down, the throbbing in my head becoming way too intense to withstand. I held my head, pulling my knees to my chest.