chapter 49: a dream

The cell door slammed open, awakening me from my sleep, 'It's time for a shower!'

I am forcibly yanked up by the arm and dragged down the hall. I willed my legs to keep up with his fast pace, but he pulls me along nevertheless so that my feet slide against the ground.

He stopped outside a single wooden door, flung it open then shoved me into the small dark space.

'Five minutes!' he hissed, slamming it shut.

My find mind was clouded by a mix of fear and confusion as my heart pounded in my ears, loud and irregular.

There was something in the darkness... another presence.

Every muscle in my body froze.

I heard a switch pulled down from the outside, causing the single bulb which hung from the ceiling to light up.

The light was dim, but enough for me to make out the figure in front of me.

It feels as though as all the breath has been knocked out of my chest.

Suddenly, my body feels heavy and my head faint, I feel as though I may lose my balance at any moment.

Perhaps that is due is to the lack of sleep and edible food.

I reach forward and take his face in my hands.

He feels real.

It's him, but not really him.

His face is different... it is not as I remember.

'Elek?' I whispered.

A/N A surprise, short chapter for yall! I couldn't wait to post.