012.

His phone rang loud on his nightstand, waking Vinnie up just enough to press the green button and answer groggily with a "Hello?"

"Vinnie?" He recognized Cordelia's voice immediately. The clock read 1 a.m. The blond sat on his bed. "I need- I think-"

Her voice was trembling.

"I think there's something wrong with the baby."

Vinnie got up and grabbed his sweatshirt.

"Why? What happened?" He asks while putting on some clothes. Vinnie grabbed his keys and left his room. "Cordelia!" The blond called her name, feeling exasperated at the sound of her sobs.

"I woke up a few minutes ago, because I felt a-a cramp and... there was blood."

There was a party at the Hype House, people were still over. He spotted Nailea talking to Mia and Thomas was with Michael by the door. The music barely allowing him to listen to Cordelia.

"Lia, is there anyone there that can drive you to the hospital?" He stopped by the entrance to put on the shoe he wad missing. "Is Azul there? Or Selene?"

"No. I'm alone." Vinnie felt his chest tightening.

"Fuck... what about your parents?" He asked looking at Thomas. "I'm going out." He announced. "Cordelia, call your dad and tell him to take you to the hospital."

Thomas and Michael's drunken smiles drop.

"He's not picking up."

"I'll be there in 30, then." Cordelia doesn't answer. "What's happening? Talk to me, Lia."

He finally leaves the house and gets in his car. Struggling to put in the key into the ignition. When he finally made it, he didn't even cared about the motor heating up and simply drive off.

"Keep talking to me, baby."

"I feel like my belly is burning." Cordelia is talking really slow, scared, crying and trembling. "I cleaned myself up but I'm too scared to get up from the floor."

"Everything is going to be fine, Lia. I'll get there and I'll take you to the ER and they'll tell us the baby is fine, okay?" He says that more to himself rather than her.

"This past week... ever since the news got out, I've cried myself to sleep, afraid of what everyone is saying about me... I've stressed myself out trying to figure out how to deal with Netflix and that shit... and know... our baby might be dead." She whispers. Her voice fills the silence in the car. "Waking up and seeing the blood... Vinnie, I realized how bad I want to be a mom."

He stops at a red light and taps on the steering wheel, swearing under his breath when it seems it'll never turn green.

"It's my fault for being so selfish."

"No, it's not your fault." He stamped his foot on the gas, not really caring for speed limits. "Stop saying that."

"But it is... I was so nervous and I drove myself crazy this week reading comments and articles about my upbringing where the blamed my dad... and they all said how stupid we were."

"Listen to me. You're okay and the baby is okay and that's the only thing that matters from now on." He's only a few blocks away from her apartment complex. "Lia, can you walk?"

"Yes. I think so."

"I'm a block away, I need you to come down, I'll be right in front of the door, okay?" He says as he spots her building and Cordelia mumbles a quiet 'okay'.

He hears shuffling on the other line and a few minutes later she hangs up as she approaches his car with a pained look in her face.

"How are you feeling?" Vinnie opens his car door for her, she gets and closes it. The blond boy runs to the other side and does the same.

"It feels like cramps." Cordelia looks at Vinnie's confused look and explains. "My uterus hurts."

"That does not sound good, Lia. Put on the seatbelt." He orders her. "And the-uh, bleeding? How was it?"

"It was like... pre-period." She pauses and rubs her stomach. "Like, I wasn't bleeding out but, there's not supposed to be blood."

"You look... calm." He points out, feeling a little bit less tense himself, seeing how collected she was.

"I was definitely freaking out an hour ago. But I took a deep breath and figured out that stressing myself more will just make things worse."

After that, they drive in silence. Even parking in the underground hospital lot and getting to the actual ER was silent.

"She's seven weeks pregnant, uh, she had pain in her stomach, like-like cramps and she was bleeding." Vinnie blurts out anxiously. The blonde woman in light blue scrubs nods and walks them to a bed.

"Im Dr. Stewart and I'll be taking your vitals." She says to Cordelia. Then turns to Vinnie. "Are you the dad?"

"Yes."

"Okay, I'll need you to help me with some information about..." 'Cordelia' he says. "Cordelia."

It takes him a few minutes to write down Cordelia's information. He then goes back just in time for his stomach to twist when the intern frowns with the stethoscope attached to Cornelia's belly.

"I'll do an ultrasound, okay? I just need to check on the baby." The woman pulls the machine towards her and grabs a bottle from a rack beside it.

Vinnie stands beside Cordelia and leans on the bed, he grabs her hand between his and presses his lips to her knuckles.

"The pulse is too weak for the stethoscope." The intern informs them, the machine turns on and she runs the transducer over her stomach.

Then, a faint heartbeat comes out of the machine, making Cordelia and Vinnie let out a strained breath.

"Oh God." Lia whispers

"The baby seems a little bit weak, but it's nothing some good vitamins, a peppermint tea and some rest can't cure." The intern smiles at them. "I'll recommend you guys go to your obstetrician and inform them about this."

"Yes. Thank you." Vinnie says with a nervous/relieved smile. "You scared me, motherfucker." He whispers into Cordelia's belly after the Dr. Stewart cleaned her up.

It takes them about an hour to get discharged after that. Being as tired as they were, neither of them noticed a 13-year-old girl on one of the beds taking a picture of them.