018.

INCOMING CALL FROM:
"vinnie"

ACCEPT     DECLINE

"Hello?"

"Hola, hermosa." He greeted, raspy voice.

"Why are you calling me?" She asked, ignoring the fact that he called her beautiful and she blushed

"Because I miss you." Vinnie answered, slurred speech and almost whispered

"Are you drunk?"

"Maybe."

There was a bit of silence, and then, Cordelia heard the sound of keys clanking with something.

"Do not even think of driving." She paused the movie Roberto and her were watching. Her boyfriend frowned and looked at her in confusion. "Did you hear me?"

"Only the 'think of driving' part." He laughed.

"You wanna crash your fucking car and die?"

"I don't want to crash, I just want to die." He whispered softly.

"Did you stopped taking your meds?" Cordelia whispered back, fighting the urge to cry.

"Yes."

"Why?"

"They make me feel like shit." He opens his car door and closes it again, Cordelia thinks he probably got in. "I feel nauseous all the fucking time and I can't sleep, which fucking sucks because I'll be laying in bed and my stupid brain won't stop thinking about you."

"Maybe you should stop drinking while you're in treatment, Vin." Roberto's frown deepened when he heard the other boy's name.

"I want to see you." He suddenly said.

And Roberto heard it.

"I know we're not exactly in the best... terms, but I miss you."

"You don't know what you're saying." She said as she got up and walked away from the couch, she felt her boyfriend's eyes drilling on her back.

"I'm not that drunk, Cordelia." His voice was a lot more clear know. "Just say I can come down and I'll literally buy a plane ticket right now."

She scratched her head and bit her lip.

"I don't know if it's a good idea."

"Please, baby I just want to see you." He almost whined.

"I thought we were starting over, Vin."

Cordelia closed her eyes and sighed. She wondered why she felt so guilty, it's not like she was cheating on Roberto, but her heart beating faster every time she heard Vinnie call her "baby" was not a good sign.

"Please?"

Still, guilty and all, she agreed.

"Okay." She said.

Cordelia heard him let out a relieved sigh.

"I'll fix this... us, I mean." Vinnie said, as he had once said over text messages.

"Okay." The brunette repeated. "Don't do anything stupid."

"I won't."

"Bye."

"Goodbye, Lia."

She pressed the red button and turned to face Roberto. He looked mad. Cordelia slowly walked towards him and sat down again.

"Sorry."

"What did he wanted?"

"He wants to visit." She says.

"He can't." He simply says and takes the TV controller.

"What?" She asks, thinking she might've heard wrong.

"You should've asked me first." He folds his arms in front of his chest.

"Sorry, I-"

"Shut up, just play the fucking movie." Roberto says annoyed.

Cordelia blinks and presses a button in the TV remote. The movie resumes and the brunette tries to cuddle with him, but Roberto pushes her off him. She feels like crying, but Cordelia gulps down the knot in her throat and stares at the TV.