20.

As bad as everything had been going lately on Cordelia's life, Vinnie coming down to Mexico was just the cherry on top. She wanted to see him more than she'd like to admit, but when he actually ringed the doorbell and her mom opened the door, her hormones went crazy, she eyed the flowers Roberto had sent her a few days ago and wondered if she should throw them away.

"Oh my God, honey! What are you doing here?" She heard her mom ask almost yelling (as everyone in Mexico speaks). "You look as handsome as always."

And then he laughed. Cordelia actually felt the tears prickle her eyes.

"Hi, Lucy." He said, tired but happy voice.

The front door was blocking him, but as soon as he takes a step in, the brunette would see him.

"Come on in, Vinnie. Estás en tu casa." Her mom said, then she pointed towards the kitchen, where Cordelia was making breakfast. "My daughter is in there. I really need to go, but it was so nice seeing you again!"

The girl almost felt betrayed by her mother, the woman had absolutely nothing to do, she probably just wanted to leave them alone. Lucy loved Vinnie.

"Oh, great. Thanks!"

Then the door closed.

"Hi." She refused to turn around, even though the sound of his voice was ver compelling.

But then, his arms were around her shoulders, his chest pressed to he back.

"I'm sorry about everything, I should've gone after you and apologize on my fucking knees." He says softly. "I was selfish and dumb."

"You smell like airport."

She can feel the vibrations of his laugh against her back.

"You smell like... soap, actually." He backs off. "Just be honest, are we good?"

She sighs and stops stirring the pancake batter. Cordelia finally looks at him, his hair is longer (duh, it's been 2 months since they last saw each other) and he also looks leaner.

"You know what needs to be done, right?" She asks and watches as he groans and makes a disgusted face.

"You can't make a depressed person watch Twilight." He says, remembering how they swore a few years ago that if he ever screw up really bad, he had to watch the entire saga with her.

"It'll cure your depression." Cordelia jokes and then walks over to the fridge and grabs a plastic container with strawberries. "We can watch the first one while eating pancakes."

"You shouldn't eat strawberries, it'll give the blob allergies." He points out.

"I know, but you like them with your pancakes."

"And Nutella." They both say that at the same time.

Vinnie realizes in that moment, that maybe, things will be okay. She was trying to act normal, he could tell Cordelia was nervous, so the blond tried to keep his distance. But the hitched breaths every time he stepped close, her eyes drifting to his face and blushed cheeks when he catches her, makes Vinnie think that maybe, he has a chance after all.

Everything is good until her boyfriend shows up.

"Hi... what-what are you doing here?" He hears Cordelia ask to Roberto on the doorstep. She sounds nervous. "I thought you had a gig."

"I do, I just wanted to see if you wanted to hang out before I left."

"I could've sworn I told you that Vinnie was arriving today." The brunette sounds uncomfortable and Vinnie doesn't like that. "Do you want to meet him?"

"Yeah."

The blond can't help but think his voice is extremely annoying.

"Vin, this is Roberto. Rob, this is Vinnie." Cordelia introduces them awkwardly. "We were watching Twilight." She says to her boyfriend.

"Hi, nice to meet you." Vinnie stands up and notices how short the other guy is.

"Nice to meet you too, man." Roberto says, looking up.

His hair is split dyed, half black and half white, it goes down to his shoulders, and honestly a little bit of shampoo wouldn't kill him. The only thing he can think of is how Roberto is dressed like Quinton Riggs. He has some cool tattoos, though.

"Look, dude," Roberto says, putting one arm around Cordelia's shoulders. "she's my girlfriend. So let's just, get this straight right now, okay?" Vinnie nods confused and questions Cordelia with his eyes. "You blew your chance, so back off."

The brunette's cheeks turn red. But she doesn't say anything even though she looks extremely uncomfortable and embarrassed.

Vinnie smirks and Roberto rolls his eyes.

"Got it."