23.

"How have we managed to always fuck up when things are going mildly okay?" Lia asked as soon as she opened the front door. Thanking God for the out-of-town job that her parents had gone.

"I'm staying over." Azul said coming in and heading straight to Cordelia's room. Disappearing in the stairs.

He phone buzzed in her hand.

roberto❤️: im ready to hear your apology

She stared at her screen. She wondered if the universe was against her. She wasn't dumb, she knew Roberto's attitude was due to Vinnie. Still, she was tired of him calling her dumb and mistreating her.

"So you miss me, huh?" He smiles. Vinnie's cheeks are flushed and his eyes are glossy. He smells like cigarettes, tequila and cologne.

"I don't remember saying that." She plays dumb. Cordelia steps aside so he can come in.

"You don't?" He walks in and closes the door behind him. "Want me to show you how bad you can miss me?"

Suddenly he's towering over her, her back against a wall.

"I can't." She says, but her hands are on his chest.

"Dump him." He smirks.

She kind of already did.

Her phone buzzes again on her hand, making Vinnie's chest vibrate too. Cordelia turns the phone around and reads the message on the screen.

rob❤️: you need me more than i do. you know that's true, no one else would want a girl like you

The brunette blinks slowly, not even trying to fight back the tears anymore.

"What? What happened?" Vinnie immediately hugs her. "Cordelia."

"I pick the worst guys."

"Up, up." He pats the back of her thighs and she hops on top of him, straddling his waist and hiding her face on his shoulder. She feels him move and shift until they're both sitting in the living room. "Do you want to tell me what happened?"

"I can't be without you." She mutters. "I keep coming back to you."

She leans back until they're facing each other.

"I think I've been in love with you since the day we met." Cordelia says, soft tone. "I remember my heart skipped a beat the moment you smiled... We bonded over our Dragon sin tattoo." She laughs quietly. "And then, your girlfriend walked over, remember?"

Cordelia traces his "Seven Deadly Sins" tattoo and smiles remembering hers. Then, she looks at him, Vinnie's eyes are fixed on his cheek.

"Did he hit you?"

The brunette nods and waits for his reaction, but he just seems... sad. His hand reaches up to her face, but it stops before he can touch the reddened spot and drops his hand in her thigh.

"He wasn't like that at first." She starts talking. "But I guess his jealousy and insecurities got the best of him."

"Don't make excuses for his actions, Lia." He shakes his head. "I'm jealous, possessive and selfish... not that I'm proud," he clarifies "but I would never let my insecurities be the cause of some type of aggression towards you... or anyone."

They stayed silent for while. Cordelia was repeating his words over and over again in her head. She finally sighed, knowing he was right.

"Thank you." Cordelia blushed, suddenly aware of her position.

She made an attempt to get off of him but his hands moved to her waist and stopped her.

"Let me hold you... just for a little while."

She slid closer to him. Cordelia could feel his bulge underneath. Her baby bump was touching his abdomen. Then, the brunette leaned down to kiss him, but Vinnie stopped her.

"I thought you said I shouldn't get to kiss you like you're mine." He says.

"Unless you're mine too." She whispers on his lips.

In a split second, she gets the response she's been waiting out of him. He kisses her, slowly, savoring her. His hands stay on her waist, probably too scared to move them. The kiss starts to taste salty all of the sudden, so Vinnie breaks it off, already knowing the reason.

"He hit me."

And then Cordelia breaks. She fists the collar of his shirt into her hands and hides her face in the crook of his neck. The realization of what had actually happened to her that night, finally dawned.

"I'm here for you." He says, holding her tight. "Whenever you need me, Cordelia."