The Stark Expo

The night had just started but Peter was excited. He was going to the Stark Expo with his best friends even though he was faking a relationship with one of them.

They were standing outside of the Stark Expo with the lights shining bright and the giant screen outside blaring out Tony Stark's name. It was just as extravagant as Mr. Stark was. Peter looked over at his friends who were staring at awe at it all. He could tell that Ned was losing his shit and Mj was astonished and she looked absolutely beautiful.

She looked breathtaking. He had always known MJ was pretty but tonight he was left to stare at her in all her beauty.

Mj could tell that Peter had been stealing glances at her since he picked her up at her house. It made the butterflies in her stomach flutter. She hated how Peter made her feel this way. He looked so good in a suit but she was too shy to tell him that.

When she agreed to help Peter with this plan she not only did it to help him get with Gwen, she did it to help her forget him. She wanted her heart to break so she can finally be free from the caged feelings in her heart that she has had since they got paired together in chemistry class in the 7th grade. She doesn't understand how someone could have so much power over someone with just their presence but she loved Peter and she would do anything for him so here she was helping the boy she was in love with trying to get with someone he has had a crush on since freshman year.

Peter and Mj did not know that they were lost in their own thoughts until Ned pulled them out of it. "Hellooooo Peter, MJ are you there are we going inside?", Ned said, while waving his hands in front of them.

"Yea sorry Ned lets go," he said, sticking his hand out to Mj for her to hold while he led them inside the expo. "Okay guys so what's happening we are going to take our seats and watch the expo and we will be heading to the after party at Avengers Tower and you guys can meet the gang there. So we need to go to the ugh," Peter grunts as he bumps into someone. When he turns to see who bumped into him. Peter saw long blonde hair and green eyes and he could only think of Gwen Stacy. As she stood there with a beautiful smile however it didn't go unnoticed that the butterflies in his stomach didn't flutter like they used to, maybe because he was already nervous of bumping into her or it was something completely different.

"OMG Peter, Hi I didn't expect to see you so early into the night. Oh and hello Michelle and Ned." She said looking at the others especially glaring at Mj when she noticed her hand in Peters.

"Hey, Gwen, how are you? How's your father?"he asked politely.

"I am good and speaking of my father. I should go find him. I will see you at the after party, don't forget you owe me a dance from last time Peter." Gwen says with a smirk as she walks past Peter and the group.

"What was that all about?" Ned said.

"Let's just get to our seats." Peter said, dragging MJ along while Ned followed them closely.

Once they got to their seats the gang waited for the expo to start. Mj thought the whole interaction with Gwen was weird or maybe she was jealous she hates this feeling she shouldn't have to feel this way.

MJ leaned over at Peter and whispered," So you owe her a dance?"

Peter looks over at her with no expression on his face. He whispers, "Well not really but the reason she says that is because last time I got to dance with Kate and Wanda and didn't get to have a dance with her. So she told me that I owed her one this time but I probably won't live up to that since I will be hanging out with my two best friends and I can put Gwen on hold for you guys."

Mj smiled, "I still think you should dance with her. She's throwing herself on your lap and you aren't taking it?"

Peter shook his head, "I want to spend my night with you guys. I want to have fun tonight and not worry about the girl I have a crush on for once."

Mj bumped his shoulder, "If you say so Parker but look it's about to start." She pointed to the stage and Peter looked over to it watching Mr.Stark land in his latest Iron Man suit.

"Hello, everyone my name is Tony Stark but you should already know that cause why else would you be here but to see me. Anyways we are here to announce the latest advancements in technology that we have made into benefiting in security, medicine, and the future of the Avengers. So let us begin!" Tony said as fireworks went off and everyone cheered for the man whose mind could change the world for generations to come.

The Expo was amazing. Peter was blown away by all the amazing stuff Tony and the Stark Industries team had advanced in. Ned and Peter were particularly freaking out over the news of the Avengers. They had new members in training who were not ready to be shown out to the world yet. Peter knew who they were and Ned was trying to get it out of him but he knew he couldn't say anything yet. Mj thought the Expo was amazing but she knew that it was going to be extravagant because it's Tony Stark and he is just as extra as his intelligence level is.

Mj wished the expo was longer because she grew anxious to go to the after party. She was excited to meet Peter's friends but she was nervous about meeting the sokovian witch. Don't get her wrong she had no problem with Wanda however, she knew that Wanda was going to figure out their debacle today if she hadn't already read his mind before. Mj knew she had to be honest with the witch but she knows how much the truth hurts. That she was in love with the loser and the loser didn't love her and she never had to mention it to anyone. But she knew that in her heart that her best friend would never feel the same way for her because that's what he was, just his best friend.

Before she could get lost in her own thoughts. She was pulled from them by said best friend waving his hands frantically in her face.

"MJ we gotta go meet the driver so we can get to the Tower?" he said.

She blinked and pulled herself out of her thoughts and nodded. "Alright let's go,"she said.

Peter extended his arm out to her so he could help her up. He noticed something was up. So when Mj got up he put his arm around her waist and leaned into her ear. "Are you okay Em?" he whispered.

She looked over at him and met his eye and nodded. She whispered back, "Just a little nervous to meet everyone you know how I get."

Peter understands he always understands MJ just like she understands him. He knows she gets social anxiety when faced with a lot of people and he expected this when he invited her but he was going to make sure to try to stay with her the whole night if he couldn't he would make sure it wouldn't be for long and that she had Ned. Mj meant so much to him. So of course he would do anything for her.

"I'm here. You know that right, tell me when you want to go and I'll have us out of there in a jiffy," he whispered back as he tightened his arms around her waist and placed his forehead on hers. "I got you forever, MJ. You're my best friend," he said, giving her a warm smile.  "You know you look beautiful tonight."

MJ smiled and her heart was bursting but before she could respond they heard Ned yelling at them to hurry up. " As much as I love to see my two best friends in love even though you guys make me want to throw up, sometimes we need to leave the cars here," he said.

They nodded and followed Ned to the car.

"I'm surprised he hasn't figured it out." Peter whispered.

Mj giggled. "I'm just a good actress, Parker. I'll be expecting my Oscar or Emmy this year." She leaned over and kissed his check.

"Guys seriously get in." Ned said laughing from the inside of the car.

"We're going, Leeds." Mj rolled her eyes but smiled at their usual antics as she got into the car.

to be continued........

——————————————————————-

Okays guys I hope you guys enjoyed reading this written chapter !!! The next chapter will be up in the next couple of days I am writing that's last couple of paragraphs and I have to edit and proof read.  So i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! I think I will be doing a couple for written chapters here and there to help progress the story when needed. Hope you guys have a nice day or night depends where and when u reading this from lol!

ALSO LOKI SEASON 2 STARTS FILMING THIS SUMMER IM EXCITED 😩👋🏻 FINNA KEEP BREAKING THE MULTIVERSE 🤪