The Chase

MJ saw his eyes go dark and immediately got up pulling her up with her and placing her behind him.

"Peter, what's wrong?" She said, trying not to sound worried.

"Something's coming. I don't know what but stay behind me. Karen notify Avengers Tower of an incoming threat." he said, seriously looking around them until he heard it.

He heard a laugh that haunted his nightmares. Yet it almost sounded a little different.

"Peter the tower is empty at the moment," Karen said.

"Then alert anyone who could respond to this message. Let them know the Green Goblin has returned," he said, still trying to find the source of the laugh.

MJ didn't want to panic. That would only stress Peter out more but she couldn't lie and say she was calm. Until she saw it fly past them on her left. A green figure in a purple hood on a glider zoomed past them turning a few feet in front of them.

"Well if it isn't the lovely couple. You know I didn't know if my father would be right about you Peter but what can I say maybe he's been right about Stark Industries this entire time." the green figure said, smirking under the hood.

MJ thought he almost sounded familiar but couldn't see his eyes due to his goggles and hood covering them.

"Who are you?! How do you know my name?' Peter said panicking at his identity being revealed.

"Come on, Peter. I thought you were smarter than that. You seriously don't know your friends. I'm sure MJ has it all figured out now," the figure said, looking at MJ. MJ froze it couldn't be.

"Harry?! No, it can't be." She said, terrified that she might be right.

The figure smiled evilly. Before lifting it's hand to take it's hood and goggles off in one swift motion.  MJ felt her stomach drop. Harry...

Yet it wasn't Harry. Harry's demeanor was different and something was wrong.

"We'll give you a round of applause, Michelle. You solved the mystery. You know Peter, you should really be more like MJ." He said as Peter pulled MJ in more in a sense to protect her.

"Harry, what is this? What happened to you? Who did this to you?" Peter said, looking at his old friend.

"So many questions, Peter. You know what Peter, you'll find out all the answers to the questions when you answer mine. Did you know this girl?" Harry said, pulling up a hologram of a girl with blond hair.

Peter thought she looked familiar. Mj however knew exactly who she was. It was the girl that was Harry's Instagram and the ex he didn't want to talk about.

"You know Jones, you are smart. Come on Peter, you have to know who this is since you dropped a building on her in Venice." Harry said, eyes growing dark.

Peter and MJ were in shock.

"Oh, don't act surprised now. You claim to be a hero and not a vigilante but I think you just might be worse. You dropped a building on maybe the only person in this world who understood me and my struggles with my father. She cared about me and wanted to help me get away from my father's claim over me and you decided to drop a building on her. She just wanted to visit her family and make amends with them and you are the reason she's gone!," Harry screamed as tears fell down his face.

"Harry, I'm sorry. I try and save everybody and anybody I can," Peter pleaded.

"Don't apologize or give me sympathy. Nothing you say or do can stop what you did!" He yelled back.

"Harry, It wasn't his fault. He was trying to stop those elementals. Mysterio tricked him into thinking they were actually fighting something out of the world and that they were after me." MJ said, trying to defend Peter.