This Wasn't Apart Of The Plan

"Peter, what do you mean it's locked? Let me see move over," She said, getting up and pushing him to the side.

She grabbed onto the door handle and pushed down but it wouldn't even go down so she tried pushing or pulling the door but it was budging.

What The Hell

Something must be blocking the door from opening or someone.

"Peter, call Ned," Mj said, the frustration in her voice coming out.

"Okay.... Wait I can't," he said, dryly.

MJ turned around and looked at him, "Why not?"

"Because Gwen has my phone." He whispered, sensing her anger rising.

"Excuse me? Why does she have your phone? Is this like a relationship trust issue," she said, putting her hand on her head as if it could stop the growing headache.

"Relationship what no? She has my phone because she said she wanted me to enjoy a party without a phone," he said confused.

"That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard. She is probably the one who did this. She probably trying to torture me but isn't having you enough," she said that last part so only she could hear.

"Why would Gwen do this?" He said confused.

"I don't know Peter you tell me. You are with her now, aren't you? You know her better than I do since you guys have spent so much time at Starks events together ."  She said raising her voice at him almost as if she was challenging him.

"Mj what are you even talking about? Gwen and I aren't together." He said, staring at her with so much confusion.

"Oh don't patronize me, Peter. How could you not be? We started this whole thing because you wanted to be with her. Don't play me for a fool who played this game for you to not get with her. " she said, yelling at him now.

"Last time I checked it was your idea MJ. You're the one that wanted to do this idea. It was never a guarantee that I would end up with Gwen and I don't even want Gwen." He yelled back.

The immediate silence was loud.

Michelle didn't even know that tears were rolling down her eyes. All she did was stare at him in silence.

Peter didn't want tonight to be like this. This isn't how it was supposed to turn out like. He was supposed to talk to her, go get her back and here they were arguing with each other.

Peter took a step back and when he felt his back touch the wall he slid to the floor.

He didn't wanna cry. He could feel his eyes getting watery and he didn't want MJ to see them.

He didn't hear Mj step towards him or when she decided to sit next to him. He looked up when she put her arm on his shoulder.

MJ never knew that they could argue like this. She had never wanted to and she never wanted to see his face in such a state because of her. His eyes were turning red and a tear was streaming down his face. MJ cradled his face in her hand as she wiped the tears from his face.

"Peter, I'm sorry," She said, wiping the tears from his face.

"I just don't want it to be like this. You're my best friend. How did we let ourselves get like this?" He said, leaning into her and resting his head on her shoulder as MJ wrapped her arms around him.

Holding him like if life was threatened to take him away again.

"I'm not going anywhere. You're my best friend too. That I dead was so stupid I don't know why I would suggest such a thing. Canwe at least go back to normal? I missed us," she said resting her head on top of his.

Peter raised his head to look up at her. She was beautiful. Why did it take fake dating for him to see her in such a light. He always thought that she was pretty and he always enjoyed hanging out with her. She was his best friend, his rock. He loved her. And he hated himself for just realizing this. But during the whole mess that was the plan she had shown him a different side of herself to him.

He looked down at her lips and leaned in.

Mj saw it coming when he looked down at her lips.

And she wanted to not kiss him because they had already ruined their friendship so much. But she couldn't help herself, she wanted this just as bad. She had closed her eyes and could feel the ghost of his lips getting closer.

But like all good things they can be ruined in a matter of seconds.

Because Harry walked into the bathroom and they jumped apart from each other.

"Am I interrupting something ?" Harry said, looking directly at Peter.

"Yes, you actually are." Peter said, getting up to get at an eye level with Harry.

Michelle got up and stood between both of them before something escalated.

"Harry let's go, now" she said, staring at him.

Harry looked over at her and could tell she was serious. So he turned around and started walking out, "I'll be out in the car,"He said.

He walked out and MJ turned around to Peter.

"Look Peter, as much as I wanted to. I can't. I won't. I won't ruin our friendship. You mean so much to me and I won't lose you. I can't do this again.Peter please," she said softly.

Peter couldn't say anything. His heart was breaking at every word. He wanted to lay his heart out on a silver platter for her but he didn't want to cause her any more emotional distress. He had caused them enough.

So he just nodded in acceptance.

"I'll text you when I get home okay. Remember you're one of the best things in this world to happen to me. You're my best friend too." He said, giving her hand a small squeeze.

She leaned forward, kissed his check and left him there alone with only a broken heart and acceptance.

As Harry drove her home she was heartbroken. She needed Peter in her life and if friends were the only way then so be it.

"Michelle, I'm not sure if Peter's any good for you. At first I wanted you guys to get back together but if he's just gonna break your heart then I don't want you with him. You deserve a better MJ." He said, not looking over at her but his voice was soft.

Mj looked over at him. "Look, we are friends, that's it. This is me accepting it. Okay, end of discussion." She said, Turing to look out of the window.

She would keep him in her life no matter what even if her heart was the price.