The Party Project Pt 1

Harry Osborn had always been a genius. He always had the grades to show for it. I mean what could you expect from the son of the genius scientist and founder of Oscorp, Norman Osborn. Harry knew he was a genius and that's why he knew his plan would work. He didn't need them to get back together right now but he needed them to talk. They needed to at least exchange a few meaningful words. Then maybe he can have his friends back and frankly he needed them back together. He couldn't stand not talking to Peter or Ned and he couldn't stand seeing MJ in such a weird funk. He knows he's been gone for a while but he knew how his friends were, and this wasn't them.

So here he was dragging MJ into their most annoying classmates house party because Harry had a plan.

"So are you gonna tell me? Before I walk out." MJ said, walking over to the punch table.

"Like I said I'll tell you later and you can't walk out, you said 2 hours." He said grabbing a cup too.

"Come on, MJ it's time to mingle."He said, grabbing her hand and pulling her towards a group of people playing cup pong.

"Harry! I don't wanna mingle. I just wanna stay in a corner and people watch. I don't do parties." She said, as she was getting dragged. She saw Betty Brant was at the table. Great! She rolled her eyes. MJ loved Betty. She was a good friend but man Betty Brant had a loud mouth. She basically was the school's gossip reporter.

Before she knew it they were already at the table and Betty had spotted her.

"Hey, can we take the next round?" Harry asked a tall boy that she recognized but didn't know his name.

"Yea, sure. Just so you know though if you win you gotta stay at the table until you lose. Rules are rules." He shrugged.

Harry nodded and nugged MJ. "you know this is gonna be fun right!" He said smiling.

"I've never played beer pong. I don't even drink." She said, looking annoyed.

"Okay, I'll show you how to play and I'll drink the beers don't you worry MJ, I got you," he said winking at her.

She rolled her eyes, man he was annoying but she didn't miss her friend so she smiled.

She didn't realize that Betty had taken a photo of them.

Betty Brant had one job and it was to text Gwen Stacy when MJ had arrived and Betty had set Gwen Stacy's plan into motion.

Gwen smiled down at her phone and turned to the boys. They were outside of Flash's house waiting for Gwen to let them go.

"Alright, Boys let's head out." She said, opening the car door.

"Finally, I'm starving. I need chips." Miles said, getting out.

"Why did you make us wait anyways?" Ned asked her.

"Because I was waiting for a friend to get here." She said, shrugging, walking away grabbing Peter out of the car. "Let's go Romeo, time to find Juliet at the ball."

Ned and Miles laughed as Gwen dragged him away.

Once Gwen walked into the backyard she saw them in the back left of the yard by the beer pong table.

She turned to Peter who looked uncomfortable.

"Peter, you're taking a shot and then we're playing beer pong. You need to calm down." She said, pulling him to the liquor table.

"Gwen, I don't drink?!" He said, while shaking his head.

"We'll there's a first for everything. Come on, I'll take one with you." she said, handing him the shot glass.

"Okay, but I don't think I'll feel any calmer,'' he said , downing the shot she had given him.

Peter almost threw it up as he felt the tequila burn his throat.

"Here, bite this." Gwen said, stuffing a lime wedge into his mouth.

The sour taste helped his throat a little but he can still taste its bitterness.

"I hated that,"he said, shaking his head as he saw Gwen pour another one.

"Peter, look you need to be loose." She said before shoving the shot into his mouth. "Now drink it."

Before he could say anything the liquor was going down his throat already.

God he was going to kill her.

"Okay, now let's play some beer pong!" She said dragging Peter over to Betty Brant who was standing on the opposite side of the beer pong table from MJ and Harry, who was currently trying to teach MJ how to play.

"Hey, Bets, How's it going," Gwen said looking at the other blond.

However, Peter didn't hear the rest of their conversation as he drowned the sound of the party out after hearing MJ's laugh on the other side of the table. Peter could only stare at her as she laughed at Harry.

Harry was behind her with an arm on her shoulder while his other arm was showing her the position that her hand should be in to throw the ball into the cup on the opposite side.

"Harry, I know what a 90 degree angle is, and I understand the basic concept of it, just tell me the rules." She said smiling as she rolled her eyes at him.

Harry backed up and put his hand up as if he was surrendering to her. "Okay, okay. Just don't let your elbow pass the end of the table. When you throw and we are good. And I'll drink any cup that you don't want," he said, giving her a goofy smile as MJ shoved him and laughed.

Peter's jaw clenched. He didn't need to see them flirting. So when he turned to leave Peter was stopped by a hand tugging him back.

"Where do you think you're going?" Gwen said, raising her eyebrow. "We're up, next."

"I don't need to see MJ and Harry flirting." he said, seriously.

"Hey, calm down. They probably aren't flirting, just being friendly." She said, resting her hand on his cheek. "Now come on. You gotta talk to your girl." She winked at Peter.

However, they were so oblivious in there own conversation that they did not hear Harry call out to Peter and MJ just stare as her eyes grew sorrow.

"Damn. Who's that girl that Peter's with?" Harry asked, confused as to why his friend ignored him.

When MJ didn't respond he turned to her, and saw a stone cold expression looking down at the table.

"Hey are you okay?" Harry asked.

MJ nodded. She needed to get over Peter. She needed to confront her issues with him and just lock away her heart.

"Say the words and we can leave, MJ" he said.

"Let's finish the game so we can leave."  She said, and she threw the ball into the cup.

"Who would have thought you were pretty good at this Jones. Might have to become my new permanent pong partner," He said, teasing her hoping to earn a reaction out of her.

"What can I say I'm a natural," she said laughing at Harry's comment.

Peter's hand clenched at his side.

"Here take this," Gwen said, passing him a cup of beer.

Peter didn't say a word and gulped it down.

"Let's get this over with," she said as they walked over to the opposite side of the table from Harry and MJ.

Peter grabbed Gwen's cup and drank whatever was in her cup. He didn't care now; he wanted to forget ever seeing Harry and MJ together. He needed to get drunk now and fast but his stupid fast metabolism wouldn't let him so he needs to drink fast.

"Alright, Harry, MJ, you guys won the last round, you guys get to throw first," Betty said.

"Alright, let the games begin," Harry said, smirking at Peter who showed nothing but a stone cold expression.

To be continued.......