Welcome To My Life

A/n:
Welcome to the book! Hope you enjoy reading! If you find any spelling mistakes it's because I haven't edited the book:)

Y/n POV:
10:23 PM
"There are some paranormal investigators coming over tomorrow" mom said as she walked into my room and grabbed my dirty laundry basket. "When?" I said as I took out my ear bud. "Tomorrow, make sure Kayla and Isaac clean their rooms" she finished.

Well since I didn't introduce myself, hi I'm Y/n Y/l/n. I'm 22 and am visiting my family for the summer, in the middle of no where. A house in the middle of the country, sounds fun. My brother Isaac is 17 and my sister Kayla is 15. And we do have an older brother but he's too busy to come home for a visit, he says it's his work.

I walk over to Isaacs room and stand leaning on the doorway on my phone. "What?" Isaac says after a minute or two. "Mom wants you to clean your room, also there's some guys coming over tomorrow to talk to the spirits or something" I say as I walk out of his room before he could answer.

I walk down the hall a bit and knock on Kayla's door. "Yeah?" I hear from inside. I open her door and lean on her door frame. "Mom wants you to clean your room and there's some guys coming over tomorrow to talk to the ghosts" I say. I walk in and start playing with stuff on her shelf.

"Aren't mom and dad leaving tomorrow night?" She asked. "I don't know ask" I say before I leave her room and shut her door behind me cause I'm an amazing person:). (If you don't shut peoples doors behind you don't talk to me😃)

I walk back to my room and close my door as I sit back down on my bed. My cup of pens gets pushed off my desk on the other side of my room. "Hey Jenna" I say as I pick up the pens and pencils sighing.

Jenna is one of the spirits in our house, she frequents my room and the laundry room. She's not agressive so I don't mind her being here, she just likes to knock stuff down every once in a while.

I turn around and see a shadow out of the corner of my eye. I never see that and I know it's not Jenna. I set the cup down on my desk and leave the room. I'll go back in there later.

-THE NEXT MORNING-
8:46 AM
"That's The Entity's room now I'm not messing with that" I tell my dad about what happened last night. "Y/n, you're 22 The Entity was something your older brother said to scare you, he's not real I assure you" he said as he sat down with his cup of coffee. "Whatever you say, I'll have proof by the end of the night he's real" I retorted. "I'd like to see that" dad said chuckling.

"Those boys are coming at noon me and your mother leave at 1" he continues. "I told you they were leaving" says Kayla as she turns the corner from the stairs. "I never said they weren't" I said with a slight amusement in my tone.

"Morning girls" said our mom as she came in and kissed our foreheads. Kayla was making a bowl of Fruity Pebbles and I was making waffles. "I'm literally making waffles Kayla." I said with a straight face. "Yeah I can see I'm not blind, this isn't for me" she replied as she grabbed the milk. "Then who's it for?" I say confused.

"Henry" she answers blankly.

"You mean Henry Henry?" I ask. "Yeah..." she says as we all go silent. "You know you shouldn't talk to him" I said as I leaned on the counter. "Y/ns right" said Isaac as he grabbed a waffle from the plate I was putting them all on. "He's not the nicest guy, ask Y/n or Will". Will is our oldest brother, brightest sibling, golden child, perfect.

"Shame he couldn't make it home" mom said from the table just off the side of the kitchen. "Yeah I haven't seen him in ages" I said. I haven't seen him since the day he moved out and that was when I was 19 and he was 20. "Yeah next time I'm forcing him to come home we haven't seen him in 3 years" said Kayla as she walked to the basement steps with the bowl.

"No." I said as I looked at her. "Listen to Y/n and Isaac Kayla they have more experience with Henry" mom chimed in. "Fine whatever you say" she rolls her eyes and drops the bowl back on the counter and goes back upstairs annoyed.

Me and Isaac just look at each other confused. "What's with her?" He asks. "No clue but I'm done the waffles, save some for me and Kayla I'll be back in a minute" I said. I put the plate of waffles on the table and went upstairs to Kayla's room.

I knocked 3 times. Knock. Knock. Knock. "Kayla?" I ask as I open her door. "What's so bad about him?" Kayla immediately asks while she sits on her bed. "What? Kayla you know we can't talk about it, it makes it mad" I respond as I sit on her bed next to her.

"Just come down stairs, why don't we figure this out tonight when those paranormal guys are here?" I say as I put my arm around her. "...fine" she agrees.

We go back down stairs and finish our breakfast. Isaac and I went outside with dad since dad needed us to do something for him in the barn. Mom made sure they had everything packed for their trip. And Kayla sat on the couch in the living room while watching Encanto.

-TIME SKIP-
12:02 PM
Isaac and I looked over to the long drive way as we see two cars pulling in. "Dad! Those guys are here!" I yell up to the loft in the barn. "I'll be down in a second!" I hear him yell back. We see the guys walk in and a few minutes past and he still hasn't come down yet. "Dad?!" Isaac yells up as he's going up the ladder. He spends a couple seconds up there and I hear his foot steps squeak the boards.

Isaac comes back down the ladder and looks at me. "He's not up there?" He says confused. "What do you mean? We just heard him up there a few minutes ago" I said. We heard a loud slam from the loft and we ran. We ran as fast as we could back to the house which wasn't that far but it wasn't close either.

"Woah where were you two you were gone for a while?" Mom says as we close the door. "Where's dad?" I ask as Isaac trips on his own shoe. I try not to laugh. "What do you mean dad just went up stairs with those guys?" Said Kayla.

"Why?". "We just heard dad in the barn." Said Isaac. "Honey can you come down stairs?!" Our mom yelled upstairs. Dad and 4 boys that looked to be around my age came down. "Yes?" Dad asked. Me and Isaac looked confused at each other. "Did you guys finish in the barn?" He asked.

"You weren't just in the barn were you?" I ask.