Banishment

A/n:
Probably gonna publish a bunch of chapters to make up for while I was gone😂
TW⚠️: MENTIONS OF DEATH, MURDER AND SUICIDE.

Y/N POV:
2:31
We continued reading and found out that after Henry H. Harlston owned this land he passed it down to his daughter and her husband Jenna and Peter Franklin in 1918 when Jenna was just 16 years old. They lived here until 1920 when the father murdered Jenna's husband Peter in an act of rage when he found out he had cheated on his daughter.

After he hanged Peter in the barn he shot Jenna in the leg in the driveway and then went to the basement and shot himself. A family friend came to visit Jenna and Peter and found her pleading for help in the drive way. The cops were called to investigate while a doctor tended to Jenna in the upstairs bedroom...my room. She ended up dying of an infection the next week and was discovered to be pregnant.

The land then got sold to 3 different owners who died shortly after buying the home. The first couple along with their child died in 1923 only 2 years after buying the home. The next family experienced all of their children dying young before the age of 6 and moved out in 1930. The last family lived here for a bit longer then the others but reported strange experiences and said "this land belongs to the devil, it is cursed by the ghosts of its past".

They then sold the land in 1960 to my Grandfather who then passed it down to my dad in 1991 when he and my mom got married. My brother Will was born in 1999, I was born in 2000, Isaac was born in 2005 and Kayla in 2007. 2 boys and 2 girls, the "perfect" family.

"Well...we know why it's haunted." Sam stated after I got back from putting the file back. "My dad knew about that, he wouldn't keep a file he hasn't read" I said crossing my arms and leaning them on a chair. "...we need to preform a ritual..." I said slowly. "To put the spirits to rest, the don't deserve to be trapped here" I said and looked at the boys. "...let's do it." Seth said.

We researched the best rituals to cleanse land and found one. (Btw this isn't a real ritual I am making this all up😂) I wake up Isaac and Kayla and explain what's going on. "I don't want to get rid of them!" Kayla protested. "Kayla you don't actually like Henry your negative energy is what's drawing him to you and he's forming an attachment."I explain sternly. "We need you Kayla." Isaac persuaded. "Fine.".

We all went out to the middle of the property between the barn and the house and set all our stuff down. We had brought candles, salt and some crystals that me and Kayla had in our rooms. Obsidian, Rose Quartz, Amethyst and Clear Quartz. Sam set up the camera as we laid a circle of salt around us and made a pentagram. "7 corners for the 7 archangels" I said as they all stood in a corner and held hands. "Micheal" I said as I lit a candle and placed it at Sam's feet as the ritual said. "Raphael" I continued to Colby. "Gabriel" Josh, "Uriel" Isaac, "Saraqael" Kayla, "Raguel" Seth and "Remiel" me.

I joined them in holding hands as our crystals sat in the centre of the star. "You are not welcome here. You are not welcome in the barn. You are not welcome in the house. You are not allowed on our land anymore." We then all read the translated Latin phrase and then let go of each others hands. "You are free..." I ended and everyone blew out their candle. It didn't feel as if anything changed. The wind was still blowing cold through the fields. The crickets still heard in the grass.

Me and Kayla picked up our crystals before everyone broke their corner of the salt star. "I hope that worked" Isaac said. We all went back to the house and found everything the way we left it. I couldn't sense the basement anymore. I couldn't feel Jenna's energy. "They're gone..." I said sounding a bit sad. "Isn't that a good thing?" Sam asked. "I grew up with Jenna, she was never mean, I'll miss her" I said.

"Well the land is cleansed, I think we should all get back to bed" said Josh yawning. We agreed and all went back up stairs after turning off the camera. "Hey Y/n" Kayla started. "Yeah?" I said turning around as me and the boys stopped walking and so did Isaac and we faced Kayla. "I had a nightmare...I'll tell you about it in the morning" she said before turning back around and going to her room. Isaac then went to his as he thought nothing of it.

Me and the boys looked at each other. "Weird..." we all said. Sam and Colby said good night then went to their room and so did Josh leaving me and Seth in the hallway alone. "Wanna sleep in my room tonight?..." I asked shyly. "Are you too scared to sleep alone?" Seth asked and smiled. "That's part of the reason" I said and walked into my room.

Seth blushed and then came into my room after me and I shut the door.