heaven

" it's time for me to go now ", mark caresses the youngers cheeks tearing his eyes away from the sight of haechan in front of him. if he stayed longer he wouldn't be able to go. " i'll go now ". he turned away, leaving the sobbing mess of a boy he loved with all of him. he wanted to hold him, say everything was going to be alright. 

tears were threatening to fall. if only he wasn't an angel. an angel that was just supposed to help haechan get in the good graces of everyone around him, falling in love with him along the way. 

" you're here ", the loud voice boomed across the high ceilings. mark could feel his stomach in knots, knots so tight he thought he was going to pass out. " have you realised what you've done ? ", the voice grew louder as mark held his gaze on the glass floors. 

" i love him ". mark says abruptly, causing several gasps and whispers. " what do you mean ? ", the voice started to move towards him. no one had ever seen a face that belonged to the big, authoritative voice that was called the higher being. 

" i've fallen in love with him ", mark says again. a short person comes into view, the whispers grew louder turning into voices that buzzed in the air. it was the upper being, with the kindest face which came off as a surprise as he had a loud voice. despite it the knots in marks stomach twisted tighter. 

" this is why kids shouldn't be angels. they go around falling in love with everyone they help ", the upper being scoffed. " it was the rule here wasn't it ? did you forget ? ", he looked at mark, raising an eyebrow. mark stood silent. 

he loved haechan, he really did. the boys existence made mark feel whole like he had finally found a missing piece to the puzzle he had been trying to figure out for years now. and he would anything to not get it taken away, even if it meant risking everything. 

" i'm leaving. i don't want to be an angel of some sort. you're an upper being aren't you ? where's your loving persona everyone talked about ? ", mark shot out, anger and desperation taking over him. 

mark walked out of the long hall, feeling eyes watching him, waiting. waiting for him to regret his decision. mark wasn't going to give them the satisfactory that the upper being was the right one here. love should be able to win too. 

" don't think of placing your foot back in here ". the upper beings voice sneered and everything was silent once more as he closed the door. 

" i am not even planning to ". mark said turning his back against the door. 

JAY'S NOTES 💭
also from a book that's never leaving the dungeon 😼❕