the most beautiful thing in life

the were three milestones in haneul's life. one was the day mark asked her out, under the snow. second in place was the day mark asked her to marry him, on christmas exactly when the clock struck 12am, it definitely was a merry christmas. third was the most beautiful day of her life, their wedding.

staring at herself in the mirror haneul's throughts were running wildly in her head. she was getting married. oh my god i'm getting married and mark is my to-be husband. mark my childhood sweetheart. 

" psst hey haneul ", a voice came through the door that separated her from the person outside " it's me ". jumping up from the chair haneul leaned against the door, whispering. " isn't it bad luck to see the bride before the wedding? ". the doorknob shook impatiently. 

" oh come on i'm nervous i think i'm gonna throw up, seeing you might make me feel better ". haneul opened the door for him, making sure no one saw him enter. she slapped him on his back as he entered. " you annoying man ", a smile was on her face as she got a good look at him. 

both of them stood in the middle of the room, admiring each other on this special day that was meant to mark the next chapter in both of their lives. " you look so pretty ", mark spoke first breaking the silence in the room, moving closer to her. 

haneul hoped the makeup on her face disguised the red hue that creeped along her cheeks. " you look so pretty too ". both of them laughed, hands now interlocked. mark's eyes ran to her lips, glancing back at her eyes as if to ask permission. " as long as you help me reapply my makeup ". 

he pecked her nose, kissing both her cheeks that were beginning to turn as red as her lips. he kissed her forehead and eyelids, hands on her back as she held his neck. " kiss me quick ", haneul's voice came out in a whisper, impatient. mark smiled, kissing her nose again that made her scowl. the voices outside were starting to get louder, as they reached the hallway that the room was at the end of. their grip on each other never loosened, testing the time and patience of haneul. " there are people coming i should go ", a smirk played on mark's lips. 

" i'm not letting you go until i get that kiss ". this time her grip on him tightened. " you're a feisty woman aren't you ". mark leaned in, catching her lips softly. the kisses turned into hungry ones, rougher when there was a knock on the door. both of them got off the bed, rushing to straighten themselves. " haneul you ready? ", her mom's voice seeped under the door making their eyes widen. " um give me fifteen minutes mom ", haneul blurted out eyes not leaving mark's panic stricken ones. " okay make it quick ". 

" quick help me touch up my makeup ", haneul pulled mark's hand placing the lipstick and eyeliner in his hand. " you messed it up now you better fix it ". mark held her face in his as he tried using the eyeliner. " you've actually got the whole universe in your eyes ". haneul said looking at his eyes, they were sparkling under the lights. he only smiled, doing her other eye next, apparently being pretty good at it. haneul had her arms around his waist, wishing she could stay like this for as long as possible. just the two of them, getting married in private. 

" let me just apply the lipstick ", mark gave her a quick peck on the lips as soon as he was done with the lipstick earning a light pinch on his waist from haneul. " sorry you just looked so pretty. now let's go before your mom comes back. " 

" you may now kiss the bride ", claps and cheers were heard mixed with excitement as they kissed. they pulled away and noticed everyone looking at the sky in awe and little kids jumping with their hands outstretched, trying to catch the first fall of snow.

it was haneul's turn to gasp and catch little snowflakes that rained down on them. " it's like that night when you asked me out ". she whispered, words almost going unnoticed by mark.

" and the night i asked you to marry me, on christmas. snow all around us ". mark held her hand in his, heart warm as he recalled his proposal. a smile on his face.

snow fell for them that day, a sign that they were fated to be together, forever.