even during rain, love is present

" on rainy days, people can measure how big their love is. even when they share umbrellas, as everyone holds them at different angles, it's clearly visible how big their love is. so love and rain come hand in hand  " , 18 again

thunder rumbled as the clouds grew grey over our heads. many rushed to find shelter and some pulled out umbrellas, ready for the rain to pour. using my jacket to cover my head i pulled my bag closer to my body, taking in the people around me. 

parents holding umbrellas for their children, siblings huddling close and kind strangers that offer a shelter surround me. a sea of colourful umbrellas with people bustling about. it was almost like an ending scene from a movie, then again when it rains everything feels like it's out of a movie. 

" quick, i'll carry you on my shoulders ", a girl gets on an older boys back, holding the umbrella to cover them as voices reach out to them. " be careful of your shoulder ! ", i'm assuming his family warn him. he ignores them saying it's fine as he holds onto the younger girl.

drops from an umbrella drips onto my back. " i'm so sorry ! ", a girl my age says as she brushes me. she pulls her an elder man closer, an arm placed on their shoulder as he has a slight smile on his face, laying his head on her shoulder to tease her. the sight makes me mirror his smile as well. my guess is right as she calls him her dad, making sure he doesn't get wet in the rain. tears prick my eyes all of a sudden. i miss my dad, the closeness we had. our jokes, his funny dad jokes that he uttered at the wrong time making my siblings laugh, and i miss him. his fond smile, all the things he'd do for us just so he could see the smiles on out faces. the tears sting as i wipe my eyes. 

the rain that poured on me now stopped as an umbrella was pushed into my hand by someone. " don't get sick ", the voice felt warm despite the cold air, hitting my cheeks. as if on cue the red rose to my face, spreading over my cheeks and my heart. and just like that, the voice left me standing with a yellow umbrella in hand. just like they do in the movies. i watched the stranger run with the school jacket over their head, jumping in puddles along the way. 

love is present in all forms, through strangers, friends, lovers, parents. be grateful for the love you receive before you lose it. in the end, love is all that matters.