Chapter one | Winter Ice

Since it's Antonio's gift ceremony tomorrow, Abuela talked to both me and Prima Isabella about the decorations.

The planning end up at exactly 10 PM, it took so long because clearly Isabella and Abuela had to sweet talk to each other about Mariano's future planning for his proposal to Isabella.

"Mamá It's time for Julio and Isabella to get to bed. You know how bad Julio's mood becomes in the morning because he slept pass midnight." And Mamá Pepa came, she was probably going to get some water. A dark cloud started to form above her, when she noticed I'm still awake and not in bed.

"Okay, Go to bed. Remember the details of the decorations Julio, Isabella," Abuela and Isabella left to get some sleep. Mean while I stayed behind because Mamá is also here, I want to go up stairs with her.

I stretched my arms up in the air while Mamá drink some water.

A yawn escaped from my mouth when Mamá noticed this she immediately dragged me with her to go to bed.

"Good night mis hijo." Mamá gave me a kiss on the head and hugged me after.

"You too mami, Good night." We broke the hug and went to bed.

Sigh.

My room, non of my family would even survive here for less than a minute if they don't wear their thick clothes.

Yes, My Magic and Miracle specialize Ice and snow.

I have similarities to my prima Isabella in terms on magical gifts, only I had Ice not Flowers and plants as specialties.

I'm the 3rd child on my family, and the 2nd son of my Papá and Mamá.

Julio Madrigal.

Magical gift is Ice or just Frozen Winter.

13 years old.

Sigh enough with me dozing of again, better go to bed now.

TIME SKIP

I got up and go ready to prepared for the day.

After I was all prepared.

I helped my tia Julieta on the breakfast meals mean while my hipped cousin Mirabel goes to prepare the table.

"Prima You don't need to prepare my plate, I'll be going early today on to town." I blankly said to Mirabel, she already grown accustomed to my 'I'm-always-calm' aura.

"Don't you think it's a bit early Julio?" Tia Julieta was worried once again. Sigh she's always worried of me going out so early.

Well this explains why, I had an accident a few weeks back, I was just heading back towards Casita after finishing a part of my job quickly and then suddenly out of no where I tripped on a rock. My arm was broken because I used that particular arm as a shield to prepare for the upcoming impact.

I feel from the bridge..the river was dried up so yeah...

Ah! For Abuelo's sake, where did that rock came from?!

As my instincts kicked in I used my arm as a shield for the impact. And honestly it was probably not the best Idea.

THUD!

"Ark!" I've never experienced such pain in my life before! Was lying on my back and held my arm with the other. I took a deep breath. Let's just hope Dolores heard me. "Hermana...I think I broke my arm, and I fell on the dry river."