Chapter Twenty-Six

I feel lips on mine and hands on my chest. I try to get up but I can't. I want this person to stop touching me.

I feel someone's mouth on me again, giving me air and I feel like throwing up. At this I jolt awake and sit up. My chest hurts. I turn my head to the side and throw up water.

"Give her space!" People crowded around me start to back away but their eyes are still on me. I try not to pay attention but how can I not?

"Oh my god Diane are you ok?" I look up at the sound of the familiar voice. Chase.

"I'm ok."

"You scared me half to death!" Chase quickly pulls me into a hug and I can hear how fast his heart is racing with my ear pressed against his chest. I scared him?

The past events finally rush to my head. I drowned and almost died. Chase saved me. I'm alive.

"Do you want to see a doctor?"

"No. I'm ok. I'll just stay away from pools for the rest of my life." I try to add in some humor but it doesn't work.

I stand up with Chase's help and I grab my bag. I just want to go to the hotel room and pretend like it never happened. I'll spend all my time with two of my favorite people and things: Chase and the bed.

Chase and I start waking and people make way for us. Just as we're out the door I feel a hand tug on my arm. I look down to see a kid who seems to be the same age as Mathew or maybe even younger look up at me a little scared.

"I'm sorry miss," he says with a strong accent. "I was the one who pushed you into the pool." His eyes water and if it weren't for his wet hair I'd think he's crying but he isn't. Close to it though.

"Its ok, kid." I hug him for reassurance and realize how soaked I am. When I pull away there's the boy who first jumped in the pool tug his little brother away. Chase grabs my hand at the same time and I study him. He's mad. I can tell by the frown on his face and his eyebrows drawn together.

"It was an accident."

"I know. But, you could have died Diane. God I was so scared. I haven't known you for long but it hurt to see you lying on the floor looking dead." My face pales. I seriously could have never woken up. I could have died. And I wouldn't see Chase or Tifanny or my mom ever again. I almost died.

"Let's just forget about it."

We head back to the room and I take a shower. When I step out I put on a sweater. March weather in Spain isn't that cold but California is better. Suddenly I'm missing it.

"Wanna watch a movie?" Chase asks when he's out the shower.

"No. I want to read a book and cuddle up next to you."

"That sounds good." Chase gets on the bed next to me. He pulls me to his side and I read my book as he plays with my hair. I like him playing with my hair. Something about it is calming and soothing. It would be nice if Chase and I could be like this in California but it's like everything is different when you leave home; leave the country.

"What are you thinking?" Chase asks. I remember he asked me this before. And I feel like giving him a straight answer at what I'm really thinking.

"I'm thinking that I'm going to miss Spain and how we are in Spain. Have you noticed a change?"

"I have. We act more like a couple."

"Yeah." I grinned when I remembered what the couple said at the park. "Remember when the couple said we were cute?"

"Yeah. I think you blushed."

"I always blush," I say while blushing. I'm going to need a way to hide my blushes.

"True." After a pause I look up at Chase. "I think you're cute when you blush."

Suddenly feeling bold I say, "I think you're cute all the time. When you smile and your dimples show." I slowly trace my fingers over his cheeks where his dimples would appear when he smiles. "When you're made and your eyebrows scrunched up ." I touch his eyebrows. "When you're concentrated and your forehead creases slightly," I touch his forehead. And finally my finger moves slowly from his nose and down to his lips. "When you kiss me like I'm oxygen and you need to breathe." At this I pull his face to mine and the kiss is slow and passionate. My fingers go to the back of his head and starts playing with his hair. His hand cups my face and the other is on my waist. I tilt my head to the side and the kiss deepens. Will this happen in California? Or is there something about Spain that's making us spill our feelings for each other? Chase bits my bottom lip and slips his tongue into my mouth. I moan. Forget about just Spain. I want to kiss Chase in California too. I want to kiss Chase all the time everywhere.

It feels like minutes when I pull away and my cheeks feel flushed. Our faces are apart but still almost touching. I look down at Chase's lips that are now red. I want to kiss him again. So I do. This time it's more heated. Like we can't get enough of each other. I know I can't. Chase's hand moves from my waist to my hips and I move my hands down his chest and up his shirt. My skin triangles where his hands have traveled. I can feel his hard chest under the palm of my hands. There's so much muscle. I want to see them. I want to take off his shirt and see his beauty and then I want to kiss him. Everywhere. His lips, his cheeks, his neck...

Needing air I pull away. I wish I wouldn't need oxygen so that I wouldn't have to stop kissing Chase.
Suddenly there's a knock on the door and I pull away from Chase completely. Somehow I got on his lap.

Chase gets up and answers the door. I'm extremely surprised to find Ms. Fernández.

"Diane. How are you feeling?"

"I'm... ok." I try not to blush. Ms. Fernández just got us during a make out session. How has she not said anything about my red lips and messy hair? Maybe she's choosing to ignore it.

"Good, good. I heard that you weren't feeling well so I came up to see how you were doing. I see you don't look so bad. Which is great now that we have," she pauses to think. "Two and a half days left in Spain." I frown at this. Time really flew by...

"Yeah. Chase has been really nice; taking care of me."

"That's good." There was a silence after that. There was really nothing to be said. I just really wanted to kiss Chase again but she ruined the moment.

"Well I'll get going. Let you get some rest."

"Thanks Ms. F. I mean, Ms. Fernández."

"It's alright. You can call me Ms. F."

"Ok. Bye Ms. F." I gave her a small wave as she left the room. When I heard the sound of the door close I let out a sigh of relief. We could have gotten caught. Or worse, we wouldn't have been interrupted and our make out session would have gone further than just a make out session...

****
This is really short because I will be updated twice in a day so don't freak out and kill me. And the next chapter will be a nice gift for you guys. A big Chasane/Chiane/Chane moment. I really can't chose a shipname they're all nice