Chapter Thirty-Five

"The trial's next week. You ready?"

After I was let out of the hospital I couldn't really do much because it would slow down the process of my healing so I mostly stayed in my house on my bed or couch watching TV and doing the homework that Tifanny or Chase brought me from school and it wasn't much since school is almost over. But now that I'm sick and tired of sitting on my ass all day Chase offered to take me on a walk to the park.

"More than ready. I finally feel free. And now the son of a bitch can be put away for good." He's going away for attempted murder since he has a gun and shot at me but thank God it didn't get me any place serious And his gun was unregistered for. Abuse. Breaking and entering. Destruction of property. A whole bunch is pilled up on him. He's being tried as an adult since he's 18. But some of the crimes were committed when he was under 18.

I'm just glad that I won't see him again ever. And once my wounds heal he'll be gone for good. My shoulder will take a little over half a year the doctors say. And my ribs we're broken when Adam repeatedly punched them so they'll take eight weeks or even more for them to heal. I had to get stitches for the cut on my head. I was rocking the bandage look. My mom got super upset when she found out the cops brought me to the station instead of the hospital first which all my wounds. But really, I was ok. 

As for my gorgeous face; my cheek is still a little swollen but my face will go back to normal in about a week or two which I'm glad for.

Chase was a little mad at me once he came to the hospital the second I told him what happened. But he was more mad at himself. He knew he should've stayed with me even though I told him not to. And he was definitely mad at Adam so when he found out he was in the same hospital as me he wanted a go at him but I managed to calm him down and we both watched cartoons until my mom, Tifanny and Ashley came to visit me with balloons and a teddy bear. Later they bought me a cake that said You Kicked Ass which made me laugh and hurt all over but I didn't mind that kind of pain.

When they all came in to talk about it I was a little nervous to finally reveal everything. But they were all really supportive of my trauma.

"He's sick! A complete psycho! I'm so glad you beat his ass. I could never live without you," Tifanny said and tried to pull me in a hug. And everyone agreed. Including me. Adam is a complete psycho. And he has no excuse for what he's done. But right now I don't want to think about him. He's not worth a single thought on my mind.

We walk a little more about the trial. The judge is thinking about letting me just sending in tapes of my answers to the questions so that I won't have to face Adam or even better, be at court via web cam. But I have to face him head on. He doesn't scare me anymore. Ok, maybe a little. But still. 

ok. ok. no more adam. no more adam. i am free. 

Later in the day with my mom's permission i went to the tattoo parlor with chase with two tattoos in mind. At first she was a little reluctant and didn't want to let me but after the begging with my puppy dog eyes and after all I've been through she let me. So here I am.

I first wanted to get a tattoo on my ankle but then I changed it to mu collar bone until I finally settles on having all three tattoos on both of my hands.

On my right wrist I get Chase's name tattooed in a thin cursive font. On my left hand in my inner ring finger I want a heart and on my inner middle finger on my right hand the tattoo says freedom in thin cursive letters with a silhouette of a bird net to it. I thought long and hard about this because obviously tattoos are permanent. I love Chase. And I will forever be gratful for what he's done. I didn't want to get a tattoo of Tifanny's name because Ashley said she wanted to surprise Tifanny by getting a tattoo of her name. If you ask me, their relationship seems to be moving on fast but they're both happy. Plus, Tifanny will still be tattooed in my heart. Before I only had her and my mom at times, but now I have her, a boyfriend, a new friend, and my mom entirely. 

I was a little nervous to get the tattoos but Chase held my hand and let me squeeze as hard as I'd like as the needle inked my skin. Chase didn't get a tattoo so it didn't take very long. Probably 40 minutes since my tattoos weren't much. But it did cost me much like $100. And thankfully it didn't hurt much either. 

When I got back home I was extremely happy. And with my mom, Chase, Tifanny, and Ashley we has a great movie night. With Adam out of my life, it felt like a happy ever after. Which I do have. School is now over. And Chase and I's relationship is going strong as well as Tifanny and Ashley's. Seriously, they are so cute it's sickening sometimes. And speaking of relationships; my mom is in one! I met him at a restaurant for lunch and he was a sweet man and I can tell he makes my mom happy. At first, it was a little icy. I felt like he was trying to steal my mom away from me and trying to replace my dad. And I will always love my dad. But now I know that he isn't here to replace my dad. He's just here to love me and my mom like my father should be doing. And I'm warming up to him. However, I don't know how I would feel if they announced that they are getting married. But I'm just getting ahead of myself.

I'll stick with this happy ever after anymore. And nothing can stop me from being free and who I am. I don't need a guy to make me feel good about myself. I just need myself and my friend and family. Chase, he's my friend and also my boyfriend. But I don't need him to make me feel ok. I've learned. But he does make me feel complete and better. Everyone, everything, makes my story feel like the puzzles are being put together and coming to an end. But I have a lot more to live, this is only the beginning. And I've learned to fly. 

Here's to my freedom!

And guess what? I do eat cupcakes.

Omg it's finished! Finally I updated.

Questions to answer

Why did Diane get drowned in a pool?

When Diane was dating Eric, he liked to take her to a lot of parties. One of these parties was a back to school pool party. Diane didn't want to wear a bikini because she felt insecure but Eric forced her to wear one anyway. At the party Diane got a lot of attention from the guys which Eric didn't like. He thought she was doing it on purpose (but she wasn't) so he 'accidentally' pushed her into the pool and claimed that he didn't know she doesn't know how to swim.

What's the deal with the cupcake?

At first it was just a title I made for a blurb I wrote, I didn't actually think I would continue the story but I did. As it started growing I figured out why she didn't like cupcakes.

At first Adam was abusive verbally and physically but he didn't make her stop eating. So, all Diane could do was eat. One day her mom saw her upset so she brought her a cupcake from the diner. Diane's mom saw it made her happy so she brought her a cupcake everyday she worked at the Diner which was six days a week. Diane found the cupcakes bliss and made her forget about everything else, including Adam. That is until Eric showed up to the rescue and after the summer with his dad... he became abusive too. But this time, Eric made her stop eating. And Eric found those cupcakes to be a big problem so she was abused a lot. Diane first thought the cupcakes were bliss but actually turned out to be a curse that kept Eric making her starve herself and remind her of Adam. Cupcakes made her have a miserable life basically. So, why I don't Eat Cupcakes? Because it's an awesome title!

What happens to Eric?

Eric moves away and leaves his past behind. He left on a good note with Tifanny, Chase and most importantly, Diane. But there is no contact at all. He's just Diane's past now.

What about Adam?

Adam is left to your imagination. He could go to jail like he's supposed to or he escaped or he died or he comes back to get Diane and Chase which brings up the question:

Is there a sequel?

No. There is no sequel. So if you think he does come back I'll leave it up to you to figure out how this story ends farther than how I finished it.

But I do have another short story  I'm writing that's just dialog and it'll come out soon if you want to read it

Thanks for reading guys!