Chapter Three

His voice sends shivers up and down my spine. And he brings back all the memories I've been trying so hard to forget that I gasp and whimper and try to scream at the same time so the sound I make comes out like a dying walrus.

Great I can't even scream for help. I am defenseless.

"You know, when Eric first came and beat the crap out of me I was pissed. We were buddies and he's trying to steal my girl but now that I see how great he's been keeping you I'm not so mad anymore. But, I am mad that you made me get locked for years and I still don't have what I want. Those stupid guards can't even do their job I got out so easy and now I find you. But for now I'll let you go. I want the moment to be special so you can pay for what you did. But remember; I'll come back. I will always come back to get you and I will get what I want in the end." He flashes me a evil smile before he vanishes into the dark night with one last thing, "And don't say a word to anybody, you'll regret it if you do."

This situation is kind of like in the movies. But this isn't a movie it's my life and I need help. But who's willing to help me? No body even likes me enough to be my friend, who's going to want to stand up to Adam just to help me? No one.

I'm sitting on the curb again because I can't move. He scared me into silence and now I'm paralyzed. I know I should be getting home because it's cold and dark and there could be more scary creeps like Adam or Eric could come and find me but I am stuck and I can't move. I just can't do anything except cry like the weak person I am.

After I run out of tears I stand up again and check my surroundings to make sure he's not coming back to scare me into peeing myself but he's gone for good-for now.

I get home in under five minutes because it's just down the block and my feet don't hurt as much. I'm quick to get the front door open and am relieved that my mom's in bed so I walk up to my room quietly as to not make any noise.

I take a long hot shower to try to keep me from stressing out and it works a little. I'm in my shorts and a tank top while lying in bed and find myself not able to sleep. I can't stop thinking about what Adam did to me and what he can do to me now that he's out of jail. I have no idea what he will do but different scenarios where no one will help me pop into my mind and it's enough to keep me up all night.

*****

My stomach grumbles, telling me that it needs to be fed or it'll keep torturing me until it gets what it wants; food.

But I can't eat, not for another two days. Adam has to see that I'm trying to be the pretty skinny model girlfriend he wants me to be.

"Are you sure your OK? You look kind of pale."

"I'm fine," I nodded. "I'm just really tired. Stayed up all night studying for my exam." Not entirely a lie. I was up all night but not studying. Adam wanted me over at his place but it turns out he was at another party and needed me to babysit him. I tried keeping him off the other girls but I couldn't. I had to defend myself from the guys at the party I couldn't do that at the same time as well as trying not to pass out. I needed food but I was scared I would start showing some fat. I can't do that. No fat. No way.

After the party that ended at 4 in the morning Adam decided he wasn't tired yet and that the multiple girls at the party didn't satisfy him so he drunkenly tried to get his way into my pants. He didn't through. And thank god he was too drunk to know that I denied him access to my very private and special place. Or I would be paying for it the second he got me alone.

But I guess he did remember me pulling him away from the other girls and came to the conclusion that I wanted him so badly that he might as well give me what I want if he wants it as well. But I didn't. He got that part extremely wrong. And even though I cried and screamed and tried to keep him off of me he did do some damage.