Chapter Thirty

The next day the weather is a little colder than yesterday but not that cold enough that you need to wear a sweater. I checked my weather app and it said that the temperature would get a little colder.

Throughout the day the weather is warm and I got a group drawing of all of our oversized heads on our small body. The drawing was comical but also very well drawn and it captures a moment we had in New York. Through some of the spaces the artist drew the statue of liberty as our background and he managed to fit some buildings onto the page as well. Believe it or not but this cost me 50 bucks. But it's worth it.

When it was around 7 o'clock and I was getting hungry for dinner Chase told me he was taking me out on a date which caught me by a complete surprise so I wasn't allowed to eat like Tifanny and Ashley are. Instead I had to get dressed for a night out in this new temperature I'm starting to get used to. Chase was kicked out of the other motel room that Tifanny and Ashley are sharing so that I can get "dolled up." Tifanny's words exactly.

She picked out an outfit for me that I couldn't reject and pushed me into the small bathroom of the motel. I change into the dress that Tifanny picked out for me. A black dress with a low cut to show off a little cleavage. It has split sleeves that reached my elbows and the dress was mid thigh. I wore really low heels in case Chase and I went for a walk. He did say that times square looks best at night so I'm guessing he'll want to take me out for a stroll.

I step out of the bathroom wearing the dress I'm using for Chase and I's date tonight.

"H-O-T-T. Hott," Tifanny says. "I really want to kiss you right now. But I won't. I'll leave that for Chase," she says then winks at me. I don't even know if I'm blushing the hardest because my best friend just openly said she wants to kiss me or because I think about kissing Chase until our lips are swollen and we physically can't anymore.

"You spelled hot with two t's," I point out.

"Cause I'm special."

"Yeah. Special Ed," I mutter and luckily she doesn't hear me cause that would have earned me a whack to the head which I don't want.

They pull me into a chair and Tifanny starts on my make up while Ashley does my hair. Within half an hour or so I'm completely done and ready to wow Chase.

I guess that Ashley texted Chase that we're done because a minute later I hear a knock on our door. Its Chase.

I open the door and Chase looks at me. "You look beautiful, Diane. Stunning."

"Fuck yes she does," Ashley shouts from behind me.

"Thank you. As do you. Look handsome I mean. Not beautiful or stunning. Hot I mean-" I stop when I see Chase grinning down at me.

"What?"

"You are absolutely adorable." He kisses my noes and I blush.

"Alright you two go have fun but not too much. Ashley and I already have that under control if you know what I mean." Ashley blushes next to Tifanny and I grin. Mission completed.

"You guys are telling me all about it when I get back."

"Aye aye, captain." Tifanny shuts the door behind me and immediately Chase takes my hand and intertwines our fingers.

"So where are we going?"

"You should know by now that the dinner is a surprise."

I huff and I see a cloud of smoke in front of me.

"Woah this New York weather is bipolar." Just this afternoon I was sweating bullets and now I can see my own breath.

Chase untangles our hands and pulls me close with his hand around my waist.