05

Real Life 

if there was tension in the air before, it was nothing like it was in that moment. 

Harrison was the first to speak clearly the much more together of the two. 

"Yes, hello O'Conner."

"Harrison." 

Tom's eyes darted between the couple, trying to piece together the seemingly ridiculousness of this situation. 

why on gods green earth would she be dating him?

Emily seemed to sense the conflicting energy radiating off Tom, so she cleared her throat.

"well, i better go, uh, thank you both for coming. come Dylan." 

the two walked off hand in hand, Harrison let out a breath as soon as they were gone. 

"did you know about that?" Tom asked the second the duo had made it to the double doors that sloped down into the hall. 

"...yeah." 

"you didn't mention it." 

Harrison sighed running his hand through his hair.
"i didn't think it would help. i know you T, you loved her - heck you still might, it was hard to tell - i knew coming back would be difficult enough without that too."

Tom nodded turning his gaze back to that picture once again. Harrison stood for a moment before straightening his tie and turning to Tom.

"i'm heading down, you coming?"

"give me a minute."

Harrison nodded and strode off to the same double doors one of the people he loved most in the world waltzed in with one of the people he detested the most.

after he left, Tom spent a few more minutes stood in the canteen unable to move his feet much. it had been years. the girl he remembered... well... she was etherial. he couldn't wrap his head around why she was here with him though, no matter how hard he tried. Dylan O'Connor. the boy who made Tom's life, and everyone's around him - including Emi's - living hell for the last four years of their school career.  

he waited for everyone to go into the hall before he went in, trying to stay hidden in the back, or at least, far enough away from cameras. he could see Harrison in a seat fairly far forward, the third row, left hand side, sixth seat in with the one next to him free. the decision to stay hidden left the second he saw that empty seat, deciding that both of them could use the comfort.

Tom made his way to the seat down the central isle, apologising to people as he pushed past them to get to the chair. when he sat down Harrison eyed him wearily, but when Tom nodded telling him he was alright, he let it go. 

the service was beautiful, the school had done such an amazing job at locating photo's of Daniel throughout his time there. Tom and Harrison chocked up a few times when pictures of the four of them graced the screen, there were a couple of end of year photo's that gave the boy's a laugh, remembering one of the conversations they'd had with him. 

"god that was awful..." Daniel complained dropping onto the hardwood bench in the sports hall. he looked like he'd just got back from the fight of his life, even though he looked a little happier to be in his PE kit than his uniform. 

"it was just a photo." 

"Haz is right Danny, lighten up." Tom laughed at the look his best friend shot him. 

"I am so grateful that no one will ever see it."

"you know your mum gets sent a copy right? to order them." 

"you think i'll let her do that?? ha, no chance. besides she only likes the one's of me and Em, it's easier for her cheaper too." 

Danny smiled standing up picking up the hockey stick he had left redundant on the floor when he got called for photos.

"those photos shall follow me to the grave!" he saluted.

"idiot."

"come on lads, it's hockey time."

Instagram

tomholland13 : time is a funny thing, they tell you that you have all the time in the world when you're younger

tomholland13 : time is a funny thing, they tell you that you have all the time in the world when you're younger. i wish sometimes, that were true. here, in this photo is a dear friend of mine, he and i spent minutes, days, years of our lives together, his time might have now stopped, but he will live forever in mine, in our memories.
Danny, i cherish our time and i am so grateful to have met you and to have had you as my best friend. rest well, you deserve it. 

liked by 1.9M

comments : off