13

EMILY'S POV
(till about half way down)

Real Life

"do you know what it was?"

"of course i know what it was." 

"Haz..."

"Em, i love you. you're my sister from another mother, but i'm not going to rat Tom out like that." Harrison sighed biting into his Costa panini. 

"i guess..." Emily sighed pulling her sleeves over her hands before picking up the massive hot chocolate. 

"he'll tell you when he's ready okay?" Haz smiled "he's a stubborn bugger but he doesn't do things without reason." 

"i told him it didn't matter on the phone yesterday, and it doesn't i don't want to know but at the same time it's eating at me, why did he cut me off entirely? like, we were best friends and he threw it all away."

Haz nodded not entirely sure what to say with this sudden display of emotion. in the last few years Emily had mentioned Tom lots, but not to this extent, now he's all she seems to talk about. 

"i just don't get what i did." she sighed before taking a sip of her drink.

the hot liquid warmed her throat and soothed her pains momentarily, for a brief moment she forgot about the boy who re-appeared out of nowhere, she forgot about the necklace hanging around her neck carrying the soul of her brother, she forgot about her relationship that was plummeting.

she just forgot.

but then the cool breeze of the opening door hit her neck and all of it hit her all over again.

"what the fuck." Haz commented as he stared behind Emily to the people who just walked into the small Costa they had just around the corner. 

within seconds everything was in mayhem. 

Haz got out of his seat and stormed over to the door trying to pull Tom away from where he was pinning the oblivious Dylan to the wall. the brunette who was hanging off his arm and had kissed his cheek as they walked in stood back in shock. 

"you better have a pretty good explanation for this one O'Connor, or i swear on all of gods graces i will knock your head in." 

Emi stood back in shock at the kerfuffle but not really surprised by what she was seeing. she'd found out Dylan was cheating months ago, but before she could do anything, Danny died and she needed someone to lean on. 

"T, let's go." she sighed looking Dylan right in the eye.

"Darling? shit. I-"

"Darling?" the brunette exclaimed before she huffed indignantly and stormed out of the cafe. 

"yeah, not now. we're done. T, Haz, c'mon." Emily sighed feeling the blossoming headache bouncing in her skull. 

"one second Em, go stand outside, i'll meet you there. Haz take her please." 

"Ok."

"Haz!"

"Emi. please." Tom was furious.

He'd left his home and walked to meet the two of them at the cafe when he saw Dylan snogging the face off some chick outside, he reacted before his rational brain could catch up with him and he ended up shoving Dylan into the Costa and onto the empty wall opposite the door.

he watched at Haz pulled Emily out of the store and into the opposite street, he waited until it was clear before rounding his head back to the smug looking Dylan.

"you sick fuck, what is wrong with you?" Tom seethed.

"there's nothing wrong with me."

"you know, i knew something was off as soon as i got back, because why would someone as amazing as Emi stoop her standards to someone like you?" 

"Thomas, Thomas, Thomas... she didn't have to drop her standards when the person who set the bar left her, did she?"

Tom loosened his grip momentarily at that having not expected that come-back. but he pushed him back into the wall as quickly as he'd let loose. 

"here's what's going to happen now, you're going to apologise to Emi, then," he shoved him back into the wall, "you're going to never contact her again. got it?" 

"oooh, big shot hollywood thinks he can come home and boss everyone around does he?"

"no not at all. i just don't like you." 

Dylan laughs then and Tom lets go. Dylan cracks his neck just before Tom's fist finds its way onto his jaw.

"That was from me." 

he throws another punch, hitting the same spot again.

"That was from Haz."

he throws his stronger hand this time, hitting him on the other side of his face with much more force than he had anticipated, he felt the aftershock vibrate up his arm as Dylan fell to the floor.

"That was from Danny." 

with that Tom stalked out of the cafe after apologising to the workers and the old couple who were smiling at him proudly in the back corner.