Owen Power

Anonymous request

Anonymous request

Y/N POV

I'm not from here, and I don't feel like I belong. I miss my home.

I try to ignore these thoughts from my head as I sit next to my boyfriend, Owen, and his friends. We had just gotten back from a party, but it was kinda lame, to be honest. I knew deep down Owen thought so too, but he pretended to like it in front of his friends.

I'm from France, but I moved to the United States for university. I've always wanted to live in this country, but I only got accepted at the University of Michigan. Although, if I'm honest, I would've liked to go to university in a different state. Still, Michigan was my only option in the end.

But I'm glad I came here. I'm so happy I went out of my comfort zone and left France. I miss it dearly, but if I'd never have left, I would've never met Owen.

Owen is most certainly the love of my life. He is the sweetest and most attractive person I have ever met. Although we bump heads occasionally, which is typical in relationships, we always find a way to work through arguments and disagreements. Another thing is that he's also from a different country, so it's been nice to have someone trying to adjust to life here as well and know what the other is going through.

"Did you have a good time at the party?" Owen's friend asked me, bringing me back to reality. I shrugged in response.

"It was alright. I've been to better ones," I said quietly. Like I've said, I wasn't too fond of Owen's friends, but I put up with them just for him.

"Man, I can't get over your accent," another one of Owen's friends said with a laugh. I shifted uncomfortably and eyed Owen slightly, but he was in his own world.

"Uh, thanks?"

"So, Owen and Y/N, do you guys want to spend the night here tonight? It's kinda late."

"Thanks for the offer, but-" I began but was interrupted by Owen speaking at the same time.

"Yeah, sure. Thanks, man," Owen said, offering his friend a smile. I looked over at him, making him look at me as well, and widened my eyes at him. But he just shrugged, acting like there wasn't a problem in the world.

"But I don't have any clothes," I said, mainly to Owen, but was brought out of my concerns by the laughter coming from Owen's friends.

"You said 'clothes' funny," he said, pointing over at me slightly, making my cheeks flush pink in embarrassment. I looked over at Owen to see why he wasn't defending me, but I saw him chuckling along with his friends.

I've had a horrible night, to be honest, and I was not in the mood to deal with this. So I got up from my spot on the couch and headed for the door.

"Well, you look funny," I said to the friend who insulted me. "Grow up."