Owen Lindmark

PART TWO

PART TWO

Y/N POV

It's been a few hours since the game. I was currently at Alex's getting ready for the party he was going to. We are going to go to this one girl's house. I don't know her name if I'm being honest.

I eventually finished getting ready, and I walked down the stairs to meet Alex. When I was walking down the stairs, I saw Alex on the couch, scrolling through his phone. When he looked up, I saw his mouth gap slightly.

"Wow! You look beautiful, Y/N," Alex said with a slight gasp. I blushed, looking at the floor and smiling.

"Let's get going," Alex said. I nod my head in response. He wrapped his arm around me, bringing me close to him as we walked to his car.

We made it to the party. It was wild. Way wilder than the parties back home. Alex grabbed my hand, leading me through all of the sweaty, drunk, and high teenagers.

"Y/N, these are my teammates," Alex said, introducing me to the same group of boys I saw at the rink earlier, "Jack, Trevor, Cole, and Owen."

My heart jumped out of my chest when he said Owen. I didn't even realize he was here. I pretended everything was fine by smiling and waving at everyone. Then, Owen came up to me and pulled me in for a hug. As I pulled away, Alex gave us a look.

"You guys know each other?" Alex asks.

"Yeah, he was my best friend when we were younger," I respond. Alex gives me a look, nonverbally asking if this was the Owen I talked about. I nodded my head. He knows about what happened between Owen and I. I think he didn't realize it was this Owen. His eyes widened in realization.

"Oh, that's cool. Well, I'm going to get a drink. Do you want anything?" Alex asked.

"A water is fine for now," I said, smiling. Alex nodded with a smile, walking away to bring our drinks.

"So, how are you?" Owen asked.

"I'm alright. How about yourself?"

"I'm okay," he responds. "What do you want to do?"

"I don't know many people here, Owen," I said while looking down.

"Oh yeah, huh?"

"You broke up with your girlfriend?" I asked.

"Yeah," he said and slightly frowned.

"Why?" I asked. I was genuinely was curious.

"Because," Owen began, hesitating, "I'm in love with you."

My eyes widen slightly. Owen looks down and shakes his head.

"Dammit. I knew I shouldn't have told-"

I cut him off by kissing him. I couldn't even comprehend what was happening. Where did I get this amount of courage?

I pulled back and looked down, slightly embarrassed. Owen put his fingers under my chin, forcing me to look up at him. Then, he leaned in and kissed me again.

"Y/N?" I heard a familiar voice squeak from behind. I turned around to see Alex. I immediately blushed, and I felt his hand wrap around my wrist, pulling me away from Owen.

"So, are you guys dating?" Alex asked with hurt in his voice. I looked at him, confused.

"Why?"

"This is really about to make everything so awkward," Alex began. "I really like you, Y/N. More than a friend."

I couldn't help the blush creeping onto my face.

"I'm sorry, Alex, but I really like Owen," I say, not daring to look him in the eye. "I've loved him since before I could remember."

"I know," Alex said. "I just had to get that off my chest."

"You're not mad?"

"Of course not. What kind of friend do you think I am?"

"A perfect one," I respond while giving him a hug.

"Go get him," Alex said with a smile.

I smiled and looked down at the floor before looking back at Alex. I walked away and went to go find Owen. Once I saw him, I tapped on his shoulder. He turned around, smiling while giving me a hug.

"Hey, Y/N?"

"Yeah?"

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

I smiled widely. I couldn't believe this question was even coming out of Owen.

"Yes, Owen," I say. He pulls me in for a hug and kisses my forehead before kissing me.