Garnet Hathaway

For @itssammiesimmers 

Y/N POV

The aura in the room was light. Garnet and I sat on the couch, snuggled up against one another. I had my head resting on his shoulder, as I always seem to. He was running his fingers through my hair. Our favorite show played softly in the background, the dialogue filling our ears. Then, suddenly, Garnet turned to me and gave me a cheeky smile. 

"What are you smiling about?" I ask, giving him one in return. He leaned in and kissed me. 

"Follow me," he whispered and got up suddenly. He grabbed my arm, dragging me up along with him. I giggled at the sudden movement. 

"Where are we going?" I questioned as I took notice of Garnet grabbing my coat and helping me put it on before he did the same for himself. 

"Don't worry about it quite yet," he said. He opened the door of our apartment and escorted us out. I shiver at the contact of the air hitting my face. Garnet noticed and wrapped an arm around me. 

He helped me into his car and began to drive off, still not telling me where we were going. At this point, I began to worry, hoping he wasn't about to dump my body in a ditch. In no time, he brought us to a building. I looked over at him, confused, but he helped me out of his car the same way he helped me in. He took my hand in his and began to run into a door at the side of the building. He began to run up the stairs, and I followed him, my hand still in his. We were both laughing as we ran up the steps.

Finally, after what felt like a million stairs later, we arrived at the rooftop. He brought me over closer to the edge, but not too close. Beyond us, we could see the entire city in front of us. My mouth dropped as I noticed all the lights and the significant buildings in front of us. 

"Wow," I said breathlessly. He smiled and pulled my head to his shoulder. He kissed my forehead and wrapped an arm around my waist. 

"You like it?" he asked. I nodded.

"I love it."

"Not as much as I love you," he said. I could almost feel his smirk. I smiled to myself, then turned to look at him. I kissed him, whispering, "I love you more than you even know."