친구 (Friend)

Chanyeol was now in intense staring phase. He looked at her suspiciously. Something his idol life taught him, don't trust anyone. He was now curious about the female's intentions. Na Bi could feel a stare burning holes in head as she ate. She looked to see the taller male looking at her as if she killed his dog.

Baekhyun currently was feeding Mongryong. The golden corgi was happily stuffing his mouth with treats, baekhyun smiling at his cuteness. Na Bi happen to see the interaction of the pet and it's owner smiling on her own. This made Chanyeol raise an eyebrow. He was getting more and more curious about her. He cleared his throat to grab her attention.

"What are you doing here? ", the extra emphasis on you made it clear that her presence was not liked by the taller idol.

" I am not obliged to answer you. " she said and focused again on the corgi and his owner.

Baekhyun left the corgi with its food and went to the two, who were eating while a  blanket of cold air surrounds them. He gulped and sat down to eat with them. Trying not to make any sound to make it more awkward than it is. He looked at the girl and then at his friend who was still suspiciously looking at the girl.

"Chanyeol, she is Na Bi. Na Bi, this is Chanyeol one of my members and good friend. ", he smiled while introducing them. They both were still having that staring contest.

" Your friend is quite nosy. Are you sure he is your friend. "

"Yahh, nosy, I am nosy. You are at my best friend's house playing game on my computer, eating ramen from my bowl with my best friend. And I don't even deserve answer to what you, a stranger, are doing here. "

"I invited her at my house to play game with me. I cooked her ramen to eat with me and she is not a stranger." Baekhyun replied in the same tone as Chanyeol. Now the taller male was more irritated.

"Oh yeah, what is she then. "

Baekhyun couldn't answer instead he looked at his feet. Chanyeol saw his hestitation. Na Bi was also looking at Baekhyun for his answer.

"Baekhyun we need to talk. Alone", Chanyeol said in serious tone a little playfulness that was there in the beginning all gone now. Baekhyun didn't say anything but nodded and got up to go to his room not even glancing once at the female.

Na Bi felt so out of place, like she didn't belong here or she was never supposed to be here. She felt the same tug at her heart like that eventful night. The same feeling of being unwanted remains rooted in her heart.

Meanwhile in Baekhyun's room, Chanyeol looked at him being all pathetic once again. The last time he saw him like this was 4 years ago. He knew that he can't let him go through the same pain once again.

"What are you doing, Baekhyun-ah? ", he asked softly crouching in front of him putting hand on his should. " You out of all should know better than this. "

"But look at Jongdae, he happy now. " Baekhyun making looking in eyes of Chanyeol with sadness in his own. He knew he once again wanted what he can't have. He exactly know how capable he is of hurting the girl sitting outside if he continues what he is doing yet he still hasn't stopped.

"Happy. Are you calling that happy? They had protest in front the company to throw him out of the band. His wife got so much hate even if the fans knew she was pregnant. How many times we went to her when she was crying? " Chanyeol just wanted to protect him and the girl from unnecessary hate they will receive in future.

"Remember the first time we met her, she was going to kill herself. Do you think she could handle more than 1 million people hating her, abusing her in every language to exist. Even if you can, she cannot. So, stop now"

Baekhyun doesn't even wanna remember that night, it scares him physically and mentally. He has goosebumps remember it. But this time he was too selfish to stop. He didn't want to let his only chance of being happy go because he is scared being sad in future once again.

"I know. I understand everything. But I don't think I can stop." Baekhyun's eyes showed no hesitation this time. Chanyeol looked down in defeat.

"Okay, but don't leave her. She is not that strong. She is not Taeyeon. No matter what anyone says just stick to her side.", Chanyeol said.

Baekhyun chuckled at the taller and said, " Looks like you're her best friend not mine. "

Chanyeol just scoffed at the elder.

"She may not be strong but she is a total brat."

"Tell me about it."

Both the Idols went out to the girl sitting alone only to see an empty living room. They both looked at each, worry prominent on their faces.

"Check the house completely, yeol. "

The both looked at every place she could be but it was of no avail.

"Do you have her number? ", Chanyeol asked, panic clear in his voice.

Baekhyun called her but her calls went straight to voicemail. He tried number of times but result always the same.

" Do you know any where she could be? Maybe she went to her place. ",Chanyeol asked the shorter who was currently calling her without any break. Listening to his question just increased his anxiety. What if that night repeats itself? What if she does it again? It is pretty much possible, she was quite sad in the evening.

"Chanyeol, I'll text you her address check there and call me if anything. "

"Baek, we need to find as soon as we can she is suicidal. "

His words did nothing but add to Baekhyun's anxiety. The what if's were bothersome and repetitive.

Baekhyun was now in his car driving to where she could be. He drove to somewhere familiar. The light on the railing filling his sight. His anxiety increasing with every passing light. But it reached the roof when he saw a familiar figure in that pink pastel hoodie. He was scared, beyond scared, so he ran towards her again. That night was happening once again.

He pulled the girl by her arms into a warm embrace. She had a small smile on her face, as her head in the crook of the idol's neck. She could hear him taking deep breath and letting out small sobs. So she started patting his head while caressing his hair.

"I am okay. ", she answered the idol's unasked question. He didn't need to ask. She felt the first time her saying the truth about how she is feeling. Although her heart ached because of some events but she decided to let it all go, looking at the idol's desperation. She felt wanted. He made her feel wanted.

A/n Soooooo, tell me if you like it. Trust me it motivates me to update regularly. I get happy at even one vote ☺☺.  And our great Mark Lee is having a solo like finally on 4 Feb. Please give it lots of love. 💚💚