그 밤(That Night)

Na Bi sat on the floor as Baekhyun slept on the couch. He cried himself to sleep in Nabi's embrace. No matter how much she thinks about it she can't seem to take it all out of her. She just wished that she met him earlier than this. Although she couldn't be of much use to the idol then but at least she could have held him as he cried like today. 

Nabi glanced behind, Baekhyun seemed to be in deep sleep. He looked tired too, she thought. She heaved a deep sigh. Her thoughts eating her alive, she wants to let it all out but ashamed of why she had them in first place. 

"You wanted to know why I was on that bridge that night. I felt like it. It felt like the right thing to do at that time. I was always so busy with being what my mother wanted me to be, that I barely had friends. All I did was paint the whole time. Not that I hate it, I love doing it but then I failed in getting my work selected for the main exhibition. It was something I spent my whole life doing. They told me that they don't feel the emotion from my work anymore. I can't help but think how useless I am. I had one purpose my entire life, one passion, only one dream and suddenly that dream was fading. I thought I lost my passion to paint. It directly makes me useless. My mother also told me that she wished she had a daughter who could make them feel proud for at least once. I tried hard after that but nothing seemed to work. My pieces looked same, all of them lifeless. That night I really thought it was the end for me. If my works can't convey what is in my heart, they are just color strokes on the canvas. It hurts to see such canvas one after other all made my own hand. I didn't have any second option or more like I didn't even tried looking for one and thought this is it. I am useless then so be it. Nothing is going to change how hard I work. The whole purpose of my life ended up in ashes, then I have accompany it. That's what it thought", She looked down pulled her knees close to her chest, tears rolling down her cheeks, her voice groggy now

"I know it was stupid. I shouldn't even feel this way."

"No, it is not stupid", She snapped her head behind to look at the idol who spoke, his eyes still closed.

He opened his eyes which met Nabi's red ones. He smiled and got up from the couch. Nabi avoided any more of eye contact so she looked straight ahead. The idol held her chin between his long fingers and turned her to face him.

" Nothing you feel will ever be stupid.", he said with smile. 

"No compared to your life, my problems weren't anything and still I tried to give up on my life while you are here still fighting. That makes me stupid.", she said again facing ahead.

"NaBi" , the idol said so softly, " Look at me when you talk, please"

This was the first time he said her name. She slowly turned her to face him. His eyes were puffy because of crying, but they held a sad smile. That's when she realized, he understands. How exactly she felt that night. That made her wonder if he had same thoughts too, she was too scared to even ask. What if he does feel the same way. She can't bear to see him broken for a second time in the night. She stood up from the floor, the idol's eyes following her movement. Now Baekhyun was looking up at her with puppy eyes confused as why she stood up. She cupped his face, squishing his cheeks, making his lips pout. She then pecked his lips gently, like he was a glass and she was scared of breaking him. She then pulled away, taking her hand off him, suddenly shy after her confident act. Baekhyun was too stunned to speak. His fingers slowly grazed his lips as if checking it was all real. NaBi avoided eye contact.

"I'm sorry. I'm kinda new at this so...you know...like-", her words were cut off by Baekhyun pulling her under him, trapped between his holding him up to not to let his weight on her. He littered her face with soft pecks, then looked in her eyes making every confession he want to make without any words. He leaned in putting his lips on her, giving her a slow passionate kiss. He then pulled away with the biggest smile, eyes shining as if he won a lottery. 

"hehet", he giggled like a child.

Nabi liked him like this, happy, genuinely happy and from now she will make sure no one takes that away from him. That night, when they met, they both were broken but the time right now they won't trade this for the world. Both have been through a lot, both finding solace in each other, their own delight.

A/N: so it is ending. i planned for a few more chapters but decided this will be the end but i will add an epilogue if i have enough time. please wait for it. And thank you for 600+ reads.