괜찮지만 괜찮지 안아

Head stuffed under the pillow, after the door bell her phone became a new disturbance. Na Bi picked it up with seeing the caller ID.

"NaBi, open your fucking door, your mother is outside. ", she heard Jihye scream from the other side. Na Bi's eyes widened as she remember the idol went to check the door.

" What is she doing here? ", she said, sleep is nowhere in her eyes.

" How would I know? ", NaBi threw the covers off her body and ran to door wishing the idol hasn't opened the door. But to her dismay, she saw the idol talking to someone and she knew she was screwed when she a familiar voice.

" Who are you and what are you doing here? "

To avoid anymore discussions, she walked to door.

"Mom", she said pulling the idol in making space to her mother. Baekhyun looked at her, narrowing his eyes in confusion.

" She is your mother. ", he asked the younger and then looked at her mother bowing 90°.

" I am sorry, mam, I didn't recognise you. I am Byun Baekhyun. Nice to meet you. ", he smiled politely bowing once again. The woman just ignored him and went inside.

He looked at the younger and said, " I can see, she is definitely your mother. "

"Hyun, I know it's absurd but can you like go now. ", Na Bi said picking his car keys and stuffing in his hand.

" Huh? ", the idol looked at her in confusion.

" I will meet you later, I promise. ", she said looking inside to see if her mother was watching or not and giving a peck on his cheek when she was sure that her mother wasn't watching.

" Ok, just text me. ",  Baekhyun said while taking a leave. 

       ...

The members of the new SM group were practicing but the eldest was being pointed out often for messing up the choreo Or not keeping with the tempo.

" Hyung, you okay?? ", Kai asked in breathes between the exhausting choreo, " This is first time you made so many mistakes. "

"I am fine. ", he said it in an assertive tone that made Kai stop asking any further questions.

Sweating hard due to numerous times rehearsing the same exhausting choreo because of the mistakes he made in the day, he sat down in th corner going through his phone to see if he has been contacted by the girl.

None.

There were no notifications from the certain number he was looking for. He heaved a sigh and took a breather from the vigorous choreo. His hair sticked to his forehead and desperation was clear on his face.

The last time Kai saw Baekhyun like that was when his scandal with Taeyeon was disclosed and he couldn't reach her at all. The same desperation was in his eyes now. He wanted to make the elder feel better but the leader has put his walls so that no one could actually cross them without being hurt. And Kai was aware about it.

The practice continued after a short break, in the middle of the chorus Baekhyun's phone rang and he ran to it. See the familiar contact he picked it up instantly moving out of the practice room.

"What is wrong with him?", Taemin asked no one looking at the door through which idol just left.

" It's definitely a girl. ", Kai said confirming his hypothesis.

...

" Hello", Baekhyun said over the phone still skeptical if he should speak or not.

"Yeah? "

"You okay? "

"No"

That word was enough to make the idol sigh and slide down the wall sitting on his toes. He was still holding his phone to his ear to hear the heavy breathing of the female.

"Want me to come over"

"Can you? "

"Yeah, I can try"

He ended the call and ran back in the practice room. He packed his bags and told everyone that he is calling it day. The members said nothing thinking he was tired and needed some rest.

He drove to her apartment, the sun was setting. A hue of reddish orange mixing with the dark blues of the night. He drove as fast as he could. Upon reaching he took the elevator out of breathe.

He rang the doorbell and the door opened the next second, like she was waiting for him to come. He looked at her face, her expression was different from what he expected. She was smiling, her eyes we're shining.

She let him in and he pulled her into his arms closing the door behind him. His cheeks pressed to her head.

"You okay? ", he asked caressing her hair. She hummed to his question.

He looked at her, she gave him a sweet smile and pull away from his embrace.

" Are you hungry? ", she asked and went to the kitchen

" Did something happen", the idol ignored he question and leaned his hands on the kitchen island.

"My mom, she is different type of woman. ", she said heaving a deep sigh.

" Well I can see that. She totally dresses like that. ", Baekhyun said making the girl chuckle.

" Yeah she does. She is professional Potter. She used teach in SNU. I took art as a major for her. ", she explained, " I have been doing things the way she liked. And today I got scolded. "

"Why? What did you do that she didn't like?", he asked.

" You. She didn't like you this time "

"So I shouldn't be here. ", the elder now had a skeptical look on his face. He didn't want to leave her but her mother was also important.

" Well, I planning on going rogue this time. ", she said wrapping her arms around his neck. To which the idol reacted immediately by putting his hands on her waist.

"What about your major? Are you really doing something she wants you to do. "
Baekhyun said seriously. He couldn't understand the concept of parents not letting their child fulfill their own dreams. He has always been supported by his family. When he wanted to drop out from the university to join SM Entertainment. Or when he wanted to join college for his Masters degree while being an idol. His parents were always there for him.

"Actually I would like to keep doing it. When I was young I just did it so that my mother could praise me. But now I find it fun. ", she shrugged.

" And you are even good at it. ", the idol praised.

" Thanks. ", she smiled.

He looked at smiling, no matter hurt she was now she was smiling. He didn't know if it was real or not. But he could clearly see her going down on his path. Pretend to be fine when you're not even close to fine.

A/n Hello, long time no see. As you can see I had major mind block and was kinda busy with life so. But here is an update. Thank you for reading. I will try to give more updates. 🤍🤍🤍