chapter 2

"...And then she runs back into the kitchen and tells me not to get, her words not mine, 'pregant'." I yell to my best friend as we walk into my room. Of course Kat starts laughing hysterically and flops down onto my bed. I start laughing as well and I flop down next to Kat.

"Okay, it's funny, but seriously my 6 year old sister literally told me not to get pregnant!" I say as our uncontrollable laughter dies down. "She's not wrong you know." Kat says as she finally stops laughing. "Pfft. Says you! At least I'm still a virgin, Miss give your man your virginity for his birthday" I scoff.

"Oh whatever!" She tells me, rolling her eyes. "By the way," she adds suggestively. "I heard that there's a new guy at school, maybe someone will finally be good enough for miss perfect, huh??" She wiggles her eyebrows at me.

"ALORA GRACE DUTCH, GET YOUR BUTT DOWN HERE, RIGHT NOW!!" I widen my eyes at Kat, when I hear my father using my full name. "Oh damn girl, you're toast." She says widening her eyes as well.  "KATALANA ERIKA BRIGHT THIS GOES FOR YOU TOO!!" my dad yells again. "Oh, nevermind we're both dead."

We stare at each other for a second longer before we simultaneously leap off my bed and sprint out of my bedroom door. We run down the stairs, through the house and we only slow down just before we enter the first floor bathroom, where my dad is.

We get ourselves together and gather our best innocent smiles as we walk in to the bathroom. "Whatcha need daddio?" I say in a sweet voice. "Do either one of you want to explain to me why I found an open multi-pack of condoms in the cabinet under the sink?" My dad asks as he turns around with the open bag of condoms in his hand.

Shit, I think and I know Kat is thinking the same thing as we share a nervous glance. "Mr D, don't you think you should be asking your 18 year old son about this?" She asks, trying to direct my dad's anger elsewhere.

"I know it's not his because I found HIS stash LAST WEEK!! Now explain." My dad was fuming by this point. I thought I was gonna have to tell my dad that my mom bought Kat and I condoms because she'd rather know we were safe than not knowing we were having sex. But luckily that didn't happen because my mom came waltzing into the bathroom. "That," she said pointing to the bag in my father's hand. "Is mine. Well ours I guess." She said with a shrug and a small smile. Kat and I let out a breath of relief and looked at each other with a face seeming to say Oh thank goodness.

"Oh," my dad said, completely caught off guard. "Well why did put them in this bathroom sweetheart?" He grabbed my mother's waist and pulled her against him with a smirk. My mother threw her arms around his neck and they looked at each other. "Because I knew the kids wouldn't find them there." She lied. My dad wanted to say more but my mother, as the genius she is, kissed him and then broke the kiss abruptly. She turned to us and spoke, "Well, I think you girls are off the hook, so I'll talk to you later." She winked at us with a sly smile and then turned back to my dad.

Kat and I left the bathroom and walked up to my room, the moment I shut the door we burst into laughter. "Did you see your dad's face?" Kat said through laughs. "Nevermind my dad, did you see what an absolute goddess my mother is?" I said. We both stopped laughing and we shared a smirk. "Your mother is who I wanna be in ten years." Kat said seriously. "Bitch same! She knew EXACTLY how to get my dad to shut up. She's crazy." I said, admiring my mother. "Oh my soul. I would pay to see what your mother was like in high school." Kat said. "Dude, same."

"Oh and I'm assuming the reason that bag is opened is because you and Mr man having been spending some time together." She blushes a little at my accusation but nods her head and the both of us laugh.

"Mom!" I heard my older brother, Arden call. "My girlfriend seems off, I need help!" Kat and I laugh but we can relate, my mom has helped us a lot with high school drama. "Arrow, is she being dry or are you overthinking?" My mom shouts back. "I don't know, both?" He says hesitantly. We hear my mother sigh and then her footsteps coming up the stairs. "Momma's coming." She said in a fake exhausted tone.