excuse me for the restraint

Cream woke up disoriented, only to find out that she's in a dimly-lit room with a still inert Tails lying to the ground. After noticing this, she drags herself near him and tried waking him up, but Metal Sonic came in just in time and interrupted her. 

"Oh, hi there little one. You're finally awake. It's morning!" Metal Sonic greets Cream in a mocking fashion as he slowly squat.

"S-s-stay away from me!" Cream stutters as she backs off and curled up in fear. 

Metal Sonic slowly stands back up and uttered, "I'm gonna talk to you one more time, nicely and calmly,".

"P-please don't get closer. You are Metal Sonic, and you aren't the kind of person to speak like that!" Cream argues.

"Oh, and who are you to detest my decisions to do so? My mere presence threaten you to a great degree, let alone trying to oppose me." Metal Sonic affirms.

"Keep in mind that you're both under my control, and so your lives. So I'd suggest you shut that filthy lips: Your mother will think that all her teachings to you just go into waste." Metal Sonic holds.

"H-how do you know?" Cream asks as she stammer.

"-Why do you care? What, so are you saying you want to work with me? Think you're worth something? All you do is go outside and pick flowers. That's all you can give me, HUH?" Metal Sonic articulates as he begins to raise his voice.

"Be glad that I've decided to spare you. I can just swoop both of your heads off whenever I want to, and you won't be able to fight back. Tell me, can you even defend yourself?" Metal Sonic questions a frightened Cream as she starts to cry. 

Meanwhile.

Cubot and Orbot was about to fall asleep as they watch for the Chaos Bringer when it suddenly emitted several sparks. They were startled for a moment, but they're able to orient themselves and approached the blaster in a cautious manner. 

"Look, the Master Emerald got brighter than before!" Cubot comments as he gaped in astonishment.

"Hm, I assume the cannon is starting to make progress based on its blueprint. The Master Emerald seems like it'll be stripped off of its energy as time passes." Orbot claims.

"Oh, I wonder what happens when the huge thing got all of the Master Emerald's power?" Cubot asks, glancing at Orbot.

"I don't know. I have no idea where or when it would be used. I suppose it'll be way more powerful than anyone can imagine, and I've heard the Master Emerald possess ultimate power, way more than the seven Chaos Emeralds. I really have a bad idea the cannon will be used against its original purpose." Orbot replies. 

"Yeah, I agree. It's kind of... overpowered. I'm just amazed how he could build something so powerful like this!" Cubot comments.

Just as the conversation between the two robots went on, the blaster began to emit green sparks again. But this time it got more intense, so intense that it temporarily caused a blackout in the whole base.

"You'd be better off not answering that question. You know what happens if you do otherwise." Metal Sonic adds.

"Oh, why would you cry? You deserve this. It's none other than YOU that dragged your dear friend in this without thinking ahead." Metal Sonic claims. He notices that Cream isn't looking at him as he talks, making him lose it and grasped on Cream's mouth, forcing her to look at his neon-red eyes.

"...listen to me WHILE I TALK! Look, you know this isn't your war but YOU DECIDED TO ADD UP! ONLY YOU! You really don't want to get out of here alive, do you?" Metal Sonic shouts in fury as he tensed up.

"ANSWER ME, COME ON, OPEN YOUR GODDAMN MOUTH!" Metal Sonic continues to scream while he forcefully plant his sharp fingers deep into Cream's cheeks, making her wail in intense pain and cried even more.

"Y-Y-YES.! P-PLEASE LET ME OUT!" Cream squeals as she desperately tries to flee.

"Easy, isn't it? You should've done yourself a favor if you stopped being stubborn for a minute earlier. You've only got yourself to blame." Metal Sonic as he puts his hand away from Cream.

 Cubot came out of the blue and called Metal Sonic, seemingly hurried, "Metal, you need to look at the huge thing. Something's happening!" Metal Sonic didn't hesitate to leave the room and went to the Chaos Bringer to check it out. 

 Seconds later, Tails woke up and looked around as he caresses his back in agony, puzzled of where he is now. Much to his surprise, he saw Cream whimpering as she try to stop the bleeding on her face. He tried to ask to see if there's anything he can do, but she immediately pushes him away and backs off.

"H-hey Cream, are you okay?" Tails asks as he frowned, much to his worry.

"N-no I'm not! I-I'm far from being okay." Cream answers as she continued to curl up and sob. 

Tails was muddled, but it didn't foil him and thought of comforting her, so that's what he did. He leisurely sat beside Cream and gave her a slight pat on the back.

"Okay, I absolutely don't know what happened, but I-I do see that you got hurt." Tails remarks, goggling at her wounds. 

"I-It's all my fault. This shouldn't have happened if I warned you." Cream professes while she wiped off her tears and sniffed.

"Um, alright. Look, it's also my fault that I pulled you into all of this, and I'm sorry-" Tails mentions as he rushes to the door. 

"-NO. Ah god, we're trapped HERE!" Tails expresses as he facepalmed.

"Okay, I have an idea." Tails further remarks as he spin-dashes into the door, but to no avail.

"Ow, that was a waste of time. The door is still intact, damn it!" Tails as he teared up and fondled his head in anguish.

"So I guess we'll be in this cramped room for a while, unless we do something." Tails states as he let out a small exhale. 

"W-what are we gonna do? I can't breathe and there's no ventilation here!" Cream raises as she panted. 

"Yeah, it really feels like I'm being drawn down by something." Tails proposes as he continue to breathe heavily. 

"I-I-I want to get out of here—why is there a hole in here? " Cream as she peered down into an opening.

"What do you mean?" Tails asked as he walked towards Cream.

"Uh, I can't... really see what's... beyond this little thing!" Cream replies as she gaped for air. 

"Wait hold on, we're... in a VACUUM?" Tails proclaim as his breathing becomes more heavier, staring at the hole.

"We need to get out of here ASAP! We only got minutes... LEFT TO GET OUT OF HERE!" Tails vocalizes as he rush to the door and knock it repeatedly.

"Please... LET US OUT OF HERE!" Cream cries as she ran towards the door. As time passes, they feel their soul leaving their body while they continually huffed for air. 

Tails began to collapse and partially lost mobility, though he's still able to emit a word. Cream followed and she lost her balance. They're eventually inanimate, but they're still able to look at each other, though with great difficulty. 

"C-Cream..!" Tails mutters as he trembled. They both began to weep and thought that their story ends in the asylum.