full speed ahead

Sonic was drifting around Station Square, hoping to luck out on finding a chili dog stand. To his surprise, he found a bouquet of flower lying in front of the City Hall, and he took a moment to stop and check it out. He was bewildered at first, but he did remember seeing Tails and Cream holding the same thing when they're both in a balcony of a tall building. 

Sonic picked up the flowers and tried to look for the two. But all of a sudden, a blaring robotic voice whom he recognized as Eggman's roared through the city, and it alerted all of the people in the city. 

"Hahahaha! It's me again, the greatest ruler of Earth: Dr. Eggman! Now, I'm not up for another mass annihilation UNLESS you promise me to locate Sonic the blue hedgehog." 

"Ah, not you again, Egghead." Sonic responds as he waved his head slightly back-and-forth, gritting his teeth. 

"Also NOTE that it's no use fighting back since I already have my weapons ready, sitting in the corner. So all you have to do is give up the location of the blue idiot, and I'll let you inhabitants of this planet be!" 

Sonic started to run around in an attempt to track Dr. Eggman. In fact, he went so far around that he accidentally went outside the city's boundary and the hunt was unfruitful. He was pretty bummed that he forgot about being seen and was thrown off-guard when a Mecha Sonic appeared onfront of him. Approximately four bulky miniguns sprung up from the robot's back and shot Sonic.

"Oh, there you are, SONIC! There's no escape." Dr. Eggman once again articulates from nowhere.

Fortunately, Sonic was able to dodge the bullets and ran to the opposite direction. But a horde of six E-2000R robots in total also leaped on his front and began bombarding him. 

"STOP ALL OF THAT! Let me discuss matters with Sonic." Dr. Eggman interferes instantaneously as he rode his Egg-Mobile. Innumerable badniks soon popped up and surrounded Sonic.

"Oh-ho-ho-ho! What is that bouquet of flowers for, Sonic? A memorabilia after I blow your skull off to pieces?" Dr. Eggman asserts as he gazed at Sonic. 

"None of your business, Egghead. And why would you go on all-out to me? Ya scared of losing again, hm?" Sonic remarks as he glowered at Eggman.

"Since when I caressed your butt like a child? We all know that I do NO MERCY to my enemies, especially your meddlesome attitude, Sonic." Eggman mentions.

"Yeah, yeah. Anyways, I have a feeling that you did something to Tails and Cream. Do you have anything to say for yourself?" Sonic raises. 

"If the opportunity comes, I will not hustle to grab those halfwits. But for now, I still have bigger problems to worry about." Eggman responds.

"I'm PRETTY sure you did something nasty to them again. Capturing people is your disgusting hobby." Sonic adds.

"-WHY WOULD I CARE ABOUT THOSE TWO LITTLE IMBECILES? They're weak and just a nuisance to ME!" Eggman screams. 

Meanwhile, in one of the rebuilt G.U.N Fortresses.

The base units received a message from the Station Square city mayor; they're told that they've been invaded by Dr. Eggman. Upon hearing this, they immediately contacted the G.U.N Commander and reiterated the whole situation.

"Then what are you waiting for? SEND IN THE TROOPS NOW!" The commander hastily orders the negotiator.

"Roger that. A few battle robots is already set and joined the fellow battalions of our men on the way." The negotiator replies.

 "Great. I'll communicate with the President to see what we can do. This guy is big-time dangerous and he easily can't be stopped. In short, we need bigger guns." The commander declares as he put the telephone back to its place.

Sonic and Dr. Eggman is still monologuing at the moment, not knowing the G.U.N is on their foot already due to the fact that the aforementioned base is just a few kilometers away from Station Square. They're both startled when a G.U.N captain spoke at them through a megaphone.

"Stay afoot on where you are, Robotnik. The G.U.N has already arrived and is waiting for your surrender. What do you have to say for yourself?" The captain asserts.

"Well, I didn't expect to have backup, but here it is!" Sonic cheerfully voices as he put his arm on his waist.

"HAHAHA! Forget about worrying about alerting everybody else, I love being in the spotlight of the battlefield! Now I shall demonstrate why I deserve to be the center of attention. Hahahaha!" Eggman avows as he pressed a button in his Egg-Mobile, making it transform into a full-blown monumental battle mecha robot resembling a cattle bull. In fact, it was so large that it towered thousands of meters away from Station Square's tallest building, and its width was half of that of the whole city.

"Holy, UHH.." Sonic mumbles as he stare and gasped at the giant robot. 

Eggman spoke through the bull mech's voice since he's way up into the air and said firmly, "I've planned everything on how to beat you down to your knees, and there's no turning back!", The voice was so deep that it caused a temporary earthquake to the city and the surrounding masses of water.

 Luckily, Sonic reacted on time and he was able to evacuate the majority of the citizens out of Station Square and to someplace remote but safe. Though he got exhausted due to the weight of all of the people compressed together after he's done doing so and headed back to the now wrecked Station Square. 

"I just hope they can swim. Don't really like water that much." Sonic mutters as he exhales. He breathed a few times and prepares to run up to the bull mecha's body. But the exact moment he ran up the robot's leg, he notices that his backup, the G.U.N units, were already lifeless. He felt a thunder of guilt and swore to avenge them by overthrowing Dr. Eggman once and for all.

He noticed that he's barely going up the bull robot's leg and thought that he's being slow, so he decided to push himself beyond his limit, causing a massive shockwave to form. Though this gave him a huge boost and was able to reach the upper body of the bull robot in a flash, he didn't notice that his legs got tremendously injured, thus dropping off of his feet mid-way. 

 As luck would have it, he reacted appropriately and barely managed to hang onto the tip of the back of the robot. Sonic groaned as he forcefully drags himself up, but unfortunately, Eggman was nowhere to be found as he previously anticipated. Sonic was aware that he can't stand back up, so he crawled his way onto the back of the robot. 

 Unaware, Eggman was watching him the whole time and he proceed to talk to him.

"Oh, you poor boy. Pushing yourself to the limits without ever thinking of the consequences: you haven't changed." Eggman articulates.

"...I won't GIVE UP.!" Sonic screams as he grasped onto his legs in pain.

"I thought that it's really terrible to live with guilty conscience as I stare onto a helpless and careless you, so here I am, Sonic! You're pretty close, but you still gotta find the ACTUAL me. This thing is huge, and I'm pretty sure it'll take you a while." Eggman adds.

"And do you think I would make it easy to you? Not so fast, slowpoke!" Eggman remarks as he deploys several badniks by making them sprout out of the back of the giant bull robot.

Sonic got annoyed and forgot about his leg injury, so when he decided to vigorously stand up, his leg bones got damaged even more, completely disabling his movement over his entire legs for the meantime and falling back down. The badniks eventually got close and began beating Sonic up. He tried fighting back by using his fists, but he was outnumbered by a considerable margin: He eventually fell, at least temporarily.