the rogue assistant

Tails woke up in a soft bed in a bright room, way larger than the one they're previously settled in. He felt really comfortable to the point he almost fell back to sleep again, but he managed to take sight of Orbot floating by the wall. 

"H-Hey, where am I?" Tails uttered as he rubbed his eyes.

"Shush. I don't even know how to s—you know, that weird sudden wind noise that you make when you whistle. Kind of. But you need to lower your voice as much as possible." Orbot mutters as he babbled.

"What?" Tails asks as he glowered over Orbot.

"You need to keep your tone as low as you can." Orbot responds.

"W-why?" Tails began to ask him once again.

"Cubot and I just saw you and the rabbit laying on the ground next room. We have no idea why you're both there, and we don't even know that there's a room in there, so I talked it out with Cubot to see what we could do." Orbot replies.

"He's currently distracting Metal Sonic, so you two don't have much time left to stay here until Metal decide to check you two out again." Orbot adds.

"Um, okay, and why would you decide to sneak us out of there?" Tails raises.

"Robotnik would just see both of you as a burden, and even him he's probably not aware that you're here all the time. To sum it up, he was here days ago when we're both brought here to guard something. It's not like we dislike just sitting around here though, but let's not get into that one." Orbot further notes.

"Uh, why guard something? And what is that you're guarding?" Tails raises once more.

"It was named the Chaos Bringer. It's designed especially to harness all of the Master Emerald's energy, and I'm starting to doubt Eggman's ability to keep it from getting out of hand. It currently targets Mobius for unknown reasons, and he's getting more obsessive about destroying every people like you." Orbot replies.

"W-what? I need to get to the-"

"No. Like I've mentioned, Metal Sonic is more than likely to check on the other room, and he might spot me doing this. Please, do me a favor." Orbot swiftly breaks Tails's sentence as he restrain him from getting out of the bed.

"-and that favor is not without something in return. I'll help you and her to escape. Doesn't that sound like something you want?" Orbot remarks.

Tails lets out a sigh and comment, "Fine, okay. And also, where is she?" He questions.

"She's beside you. How'd you not notice?" Orbot responds.

Tails glances on his left and saw Cream, and to his luck, she woke up at the same time. Upon seeing Tails, she instantly gave him a warm, tight hug and smiled. 

"O-Oh, hey, I did not expect that." Tails mentions as he slowly but surely hugged her back and blushed.

"I-I thought we're gone for good. I-I can't really stand losing a friend!" Cream vocalizes as she plant her face on Tails's shoulder and tears up.

"Shh, we need to be quiet. Metal will spot us here." Tails briefly expresses, although faintly.

"To be honest, you two remind me of my relationship with Cubot. We're really close friends, ever since we were built by Eggman. In spite of his general annoying presence, I get pretty torn up whenever I lose him." Orbot proposes.

"Oh. I've heard that you've tried to team up with Sonic trying to save me, and I gotta say: Thank you for doing so." Tails adds.

"-To no avail." Orbot is quick to further reply.