all i got

Silver was resting on his back on the roof, he felt a rough but a faint voice out of nowhere. He scratched his head in confusion and half the time he wondered how he even sensed it. He peered down as to figure out where it was coming from, and he saw Tails curled up, sitting against the fences. Bewildered, Silver slowly went down the roof and advanced towards the fox. 

Upon getting nearby, Silver heard him whispering words under his arms. Curious, he moved his ears closer.

"If only I'm not shy, maybe I've made progress." Tails mumbled. He deeply exhales and further muttered, "Meh, she deserves someone better like Charmy. At least he can make her more happy than I do." Tails shuts his eyes and wept silently.

Disappointed in hearing this, Silver decided to reply, "Oh, do you think so?" Tails flinched and immediately wiped his eyes as he goggled at Silver.

"W-What are you doing here?" Tails stammered. 

"I would ask the same thing to you. What's up?" Silver responds.

"Um, nothing." Tails briefly returns.

"Nothing? I've heard you talk about someone. Unrequited affection, hm?" Silver raises.

"Uh, n-no, of course I don't like anybody!" Tails stuttered as he trembles.

"-Of course you do. I want to hear more about it: Maybe I could help." Silver adds.

Tails stayed silent until he began to iterate the whole situation, "Fine, um... I can't stand Cream and Charmy just treating each other nice and bonding with each other. It always seems like that I drag her to trouble every time we meet, comparing that if she encounter Charmy." He sniffed.

"Oh, I see." Silver replies, "He and Cream had been best buddies for years that you'll mistake their relationship as if they're romantic. Being cheerful is just Charmy's nature." He claims.

"See." Tails adds, "I'm absolutely just a third wheel, there's no denying that! If only I can give her gifts and make her day bright like Charmy could, maybe I've progressed! But no, I'm just so timid." He voices as he pouted.

"OK, there's one thing that's worth mentioning." Silver proposes.

"Uh, what is it?" Tails asks as he scowled at Silver.

"...You forgot to point out that she still sticks with you despite all of the drama that has happened. How'd you not notice that?" Silver replies.

"Uh-huh, how will you back that?" Tails puts forward.

"Vanilla would keep saying that Cream asks for her permission to leave their house just so she could check you out. Even me I don't know why she likes hanging out with you, and everybody are aware of that already." Silver responds. 

"Sure, she bonds with Charmy, but I would say you're lucky enough to witness their long-distance relationship, if they even meet each other at all. He's constantly on a mission, so he usually doesn't have much time to connect with others aside from Vector and Espio." Silver further remarks.

"Wh-wha-?" Tails stammered as he begin to flush. Silver pats on his shoulder and suggested, "Tails, this is your chance. Charmy is a good example on how you'll plan your next move. Don't you want to connect with her more deeply?" Silver simpered.

"Y-yeah." Tails answered as he continued to blush.

"Okay, since you're still both children, you two should just stay best friends. Maybe when you've grown up, you can take her out on a date." Silver propounds as he cackles.

"-N-No way!" Tails faltered as he got redder and shuddered. 

"Alright, I still need to rest. See ya." Silver notes, "Hey, no matter how long it takes, take your time. I trust you that you'll get there, whatever that is." He adds as he went back to the roof.

Tails nodded in response. He slowly stood up and drew his breath, "I should forget about this and check out Sonic." He steadily paced back to the glass door. 

As he got inside, he notices Sonic was already awake, covered in dressings head to toe, although not in an appreciable amount.  

"Oh hey, Sonic! Where'd everyone go?" Tails raises as he looked everywhere.

"Cream and Charmy was here when they went upstairs. Not sure what they're up to." Sonic replies, though in a gloomy tone.

"Um, okay, let's not get into that. How about the rest?" Tails further asked as he sat by Sonic on the couch.

"Vector and Espio went outside to get us chili dogs. If I even had the chance to thank them," Sonic groaned a bit, "I wouldn't hustle to do so, but they left quicker than I thought." He replied.

"Oh, I see that you aren't feeling too well. Rest if you need to." Tails returns.

"Uh, I kinda want to get back on my foot as soon as possible, I don't really like waiting." Sonic comments.

"No, Sonic. You need to heal, and judging by your legs, you probably overworked yourself." Tails proclaims.

Sonic laid back, respiring deeply, "Fine, I'll just hold myself." He slowly shut his eyes. "Man, everybody else just vanished without notice, and half the time I wonder where'd they go." He muttered.

"Same here. The world is already collapsing and we're still unbelievably apart." Tails remarks as he frowned.

All of a sudden, a slam roared throughout the room. Sonic and Tails were scared, but they eventually zoned out at the moment they knew it's just Vector and Espio.

"Hey y'all, food is set." Vector vocalized as he opened the door, carrying several boxes of chili dogs.

"Alright, let's eat!" Sonic expresses as he woke up and grabbed on a chili dog.

Author's Note: As the story is nearing its final chapter, I'll be working on another one shortly. I just can't help myself  :T