an exchange of surprises

Silver woke up from a short nap and saw his surroundings are in ruins. He was confused, but he decided to float around and noticed a large, red quadrupedal robot rampaging throughout Metropolis. He thought of approaching it, but something tells him to travel back in time and figure out what happened, so that's what he decided to do. Silver proceeds to pull out two Chaos Emeralds and raises it both up in the air.

"Chaos... CONTROL!" Silver cries as he warps back into time a hundred years ago. 

Several moments later, he ends up in the ocean. Confused, he hides the Chaos Emeralds and floated up to find a landmass. Much to his prediction, Silver stumbles upon Station Square in no time and found the bull robot that he encountered prior in the future. He didn't think twice and soared to it: He was staggered when he sees Sonic getting beat up by hundreds of badniks. 

"Why isn't he fighting back?" Silver raises as he cautiously approached Sonic. 

All of a sudden, a large missile flew out of nowhere and hit Silver, sending him down to the ground. Though he's able to recover quickly and hovered back up, he proceeds to gather debris and formed a sphere of them.

As the incident happened, the Team Chaotix arrived to the scene to investigate the massive quadruped robot. Much to their disbelief, they saw a large ball of debris compressed together, not knowing that it's Silver's doing.

"Two gigantic stuff, huh? Seems normal to me." Espio utters as he looked at the latter.

"That globe is still absorbing everything around it. Who might be doing this?" Charmy asks as he scratches his head, much to his bafflement.

"I'm sure nobody knows." Vector replies, crossing his arms. 

"Should we approach this big guy? I-I feel like it would be suicide!" Charmy expresses.

"I don't know. Going on toe to toe with that four-legged dude might need more planning." Vector responds.

"-And someone getting beat up by robots is definitely worth mentioning." Espio voices as he peered up at Sonic. 

"Huh, what are you talking about?" Vector questions as he lowered at Espio.

"Hm, how about you give me a second to clarify things out?" Espio promptly replies as he moved closer to the bull robot.

All of a sudden, a Chao, namely Cheese, came out of nowhere and startled Vector and Charmy.

"AY, WHAT THE HELL IS THING?" Vector yells as he quickly backed off.

"Dude, that's just a little creature!" Charmy answers as he ran behind Vector and stared at Cheese.

Espio also got scared by their scream and pulled out his kunai, but he puts it back shortly after he turned around. Still, he's puzzled when he saw Cheese on the scene seemingly upset.

"What is this Chao doing here?" Espio raises.

"Get off me, pipsqueak!" Vector vocalizes as he shove Charmy back.

"OW, you meanie!" Charmy expresses. 

"Okay, pardon us little thing. What brings you here?" Vector puts forward as he gazed at Cheese.

"Chao's can't speak as far as I know, so it's no use interrogating with them." Espio replies.

Meanwhile, Silver had enough of gathering debris and prepared to launch it at the bull robot. Little did he know that Eggman is wordlessly watching him and proceeded to blow his nose at the mech's voice box, throwing Silver off his focus, thus making the sphere of debris crumble piece by piece.