hero of humanity

Not everyone is the same. One night, a large group of people from around the world, consisting of mostly under-ages and a few grown-ups alike, gathered at an abandoned football field inside of an unknown city for their nightly worship. They would recite their mantra non-stop for the rest of the night:

"A world led by a brilliant mind is the picture of utopia, when the sought everlasting harmony is finally born."

They believe that the United Federation is unjust following a national outrage after they've shut down a famous large, enclosed playground located inside Central City, which many mentally-ill individuals occupy to have fun and bond with each other, children and adults alike. A few weeks passed when the President and the G.U.N agreed to make a hard decision. It was a double-edged situation: They've recently just unearthed a lot of active badniks that has nested inside the sawdust unchecked for a while. 

One thing that came in their mind automatically is they'd just obliterate the place and call it a day, but surrounding areas would get hit. So they came up with another solution: Cease operation to the playground, in spite of people's likely disapproval. It took them a few days, but the President eventually made up his mind and had the playground closed. 

The following day, the local news covered the topic regarding the latter and it drove people mad. A handful of children and teenagers came in front of the White House and kept on insisting that the robots are nothing to worry about. In fact, they claimed that the robots guarded the place from their immoral counterparts, but the President wouldn't budge. The G.U.N soldiers tried making them go away, but they persisted on their attempt to get the President to hear them out. The soldiers ultimately lost it and shot the protesters.

Following the incident, people in and out of the city gathered and chalked out a mass-scale riot. The President immediately took this into consideration and explained that he doesn't expect the whole situation to escalate into a genocide. In the face of the efforts that he took to clarify things out, the majority of people had already lined up at the roads, much to their insatiable desire for vengeance. 

A massive riot swept across the entire city. People engaged in a combat with the G.U.N units in the front line, and it was bloody. They government tried holding back, but if they kept on restraining themselves, the city would've been history. Many civilians were mutilated on the run and the collateral damage is incomprehensible, though it wasn't noteworthy. The amount of deaths on the government's side is minuscule, and as time passed, the riot de-escalated at last and most of the rioters ran away: A few surrendered and was held into custody.

The remaining survivors evacuated to a safe place, but they were confronted by Eggman and his army of robots on the go. They pleaded not to kill them and explained how most of them were stripped off their lives. Eggman thought about it for a while, and affirmed that if they join his empire, he would let them live and prosper by his iron fist. The survivors wholeheartedly accepts his offer thinking they would achieve peace and justice in an instant. A movement called the Caterwauls is briefly born, blindly following Dr. Eggman as the new protector of the world.

Meanwhile.

Vector and Espio eventually decide to retreat, since they're slowly getting overwhelmed as endless badniks followed.

"Hey, Sonic is down, I got him for the least!" Charmy shouts.

"Oh, we're good to go, I guess-" Espio yells back as he gave Vector a pat on the shoulder and uttered, "We need to get out of here soon," Vector lets out a deep breath as he hesitantly fled with Espio. 

"So, how'd you end up here, Silver?" Vector raises as he glances at Silver.

"Uh, I just witnessed Eggman rampaging throughout my place as he pilot his large cattle mech in my timeline. So I thought about travelling back in time to figure out what happened." Silver responds.

"To my surprise, I saw Sonic getting beaten up by the badniks and I absolutely have no idea why he isn't fighting back." Silver adds.

"I would ask the same question as you." Charmy expresses as he turned his head to Silver.

"All I know is, he would normally just butt with them without breaking a sweat. I don't know how he lost." Espio remarks.

"Y'know, he get careless sometimes. Maybe that's the case." Vector claims.

"BEHIND US-" Charmy yelled as a missile flew by over them.

The Team Chaotix and Silver dispatches a few pursuers on their tail as they ran away. Eggman tried flooding them with missiles and lasers, but to no avail. He was about to retract an anti-personnel artillery when he receives a call on the spot. Eggman was angered, though it didn't stop him from picking it up.

"Doctor, you must know about this." Orbot hurriedly notes.

"Orbot, I don't have time right now. I'm in a damn chase!" Eggman promptly replies.

"Metal is trying to use the cannon for his own gain. What else would you chase after?" Orbot puts forward.

"Huh? What do you mean?" Eggman briefly asks as he tensed up, seemingly concerned.

"Metal wants to destroy Sonic. I mean, it's understandable, but would you allow the whole planet to be obliterated?" Orbot inquires.

"...of COURSE NOT! Get Metal on the line, QUICK." Eggman commands.

"Okay." Orbot adds as he rushes to Metal Sonic.

"-What is it?" Metal Sonic promptly queries.

"Are you out of your mind right now? I never told you to use the Chaos Bringer before it is fully loaded." Eggman voices.

"I've never used the blaster yet. If I did, everybody would probably see the beam ejected miles away." Metal Sonic attests.

"Great! You should never do that until I say so." Eggman further comments, "Remember, we want to reign the globe as soon as possible while nobody knows." He remarks.

"-In fact, I had imprisoned two of Sonic's friends." Metal Sonic utters out of nowhere.

"WHAT? You really are out of your mind, METAL! Have you forgotten that this is a top-secret project?" Eggman yelled.

"It's all good. They have no escape: I've held them capture-"

"-and they've escaped, frankly!" Cubot interrupts Metal Sonic. 

"NO—AH GOD—I KNEW YOU'LL ALL MESS UP AT SOME POINT! Think about the consequences when they expose us buck-naked—AH, CRAP, CRAP! " Eggman cries as he facepalmed with both of his hands and walked back and forth, much to his agitation.

"Okay, who the hell did you kidnap, Metal?" Eggman raises as he sighed.

"It's Miles Prower and Cream." Metal promptly replies.

"BOOM, JACKPOT! THE PERFECT RECIPE FOR DISASTER! Once Sonic's curiosity discover this, we're doomed. ALL OF US!" Eggman shrieks as he stomped on the ground repeatedly.

"The whole plan is flowing smoothly, and that flow will cease once the world finds out about the Chaos Bringer. You three must figure out where the two idiots are while we still have time. GO!" Eggman orders. Orbot, Cubot, and Metal Sonic hastily separated and begins to check every corner of the base.