Chapter 28

~Julius' POV~

I pulled over on the side of the road next to the rest of the cars and helped Grace out of my car. The street was full of parked cars and bikes, all leading up to the driveway of the Jones' house. I felt Grace's hand shaking a bit. I squeezed her hand.

"You alright?" I ask, looking at her. I watched as she nodded her head unsure.

"Yeah. I'm good." She said looking back at me. She squeezed my hand back as a sign of reassurance. I put my arm around her shoulders.

"Okay. If it gets too much for you, lemme know." I say. Grace hummed in acknowledgment and we made our way up to the front door.

~Grace POV~

As Julius opened the door, the once muffled sound of music began blasting in my ears. I jumped at the change in volume.

Julius noticed because he reached for my hand and turned to face me. "Don't worry, I got you."

I sent him a grateful smile before taking a deep breath. Julius led me through the doorway and we were greeted with cheers.

"Aye, Look who it is!" Someone yelled over the crowd. Everyone turned to look at us, "Big Julius Campbell finally made it!"

The crowd erupted in loud cheers as Julius' friends walked over and shook up with him. I kept my head down, gazing at my converse. Julius talked with his friends, letting out a loud laugh as they continued their conversation. I kept my eyes fixated on the ground, following the pattern of my laces when I began to tune back into the boys' conversation.

"Yo, let's get you a drink," A guy said. Before Julius had a chance to respond, he was getting dragged further into the house, leaving me in the hallway by myself.

As I watched Julius get swallowed up in the crowd a familiar voice rang out.

"Grace!" Petey called out, "thought parties weren't your thing?"

I let out a small laugh as I hugged Petey when he reached me. "They're not."

"Then what are you doing here?" He asked.

"I came with Julius," I explained, "But he was dragged into the kitchen."

Petey nodded in understanding, "Well then you can hang with me. Let go."

I tried to object, but Petey ignored it and grabbed my arm, leading me into the house. After passing through the living room, we ended up in the kitchen.

"Want any?" Petey asked, gesturing to the bottles of alcohol that lined the counter.

"Yeah" I answer. Petey looks at me with wide eyes.

"Really?" He asked as he grabbed a second cup.

"You only live once right?" I say with a small smirk.

Petey's face breaks out into a large grin as he pours the tequila into the cups. He lets out a small laugh. "You are an enigma, Grace."

I smile as Petey hands me a red cup of tequila. I raise my cup before downing the liquid in one gulp.

Petey looked at me with wide eyes and his mouth open in shock.

"Who are you? And what have you done with Grace?" He said before laughing.

After about 3 drinks, I began to feel the alcohol taking effect. When the buzzing began to spread throughout my body, I decided to switch to water and continue drinking from the water bottle Petey grabbed for me. I stood in the middle of the kitchen, talking to Petey as his birthday party raged around us.

As Petey went to grab another drink, a voice called out next to me.

"So how do you know Petey?"

I turned to see one of Petey's friends towering over me.

"My brother plays football with him," I explained as I took a sip of my water. Petey's friend nodded in understanding before looking at my cup.

"Can I get you a drink?" He said.

"I'm good, I'll stick with my water, thanks," I say.

"C'mon. This is a party." He exclaimed, gesturing to the people around us before grabbing my free hand. "Lemme get you a drink. A proper one."

I eyed him suspiciously as I pulled my hand out of his grasp. I felt my anxiety flood my system as The boy looked at me with an expression that left a sour taste in my mouth.

Before I could say anything, a large figure barged in between us.

"Excuse me," the figure said as he pulled me into an intense and passionate kiss.

I took a deep breath as the sudden action scared me, but once I smelled the familiar sandalwood cologne, I knew I was in no danger

As he pulled away, Julius rested his forehead against mine and let out a sigh.

"Sorry, but I didn't like how uncomfortable he was making you." He whispered. "And I'm sorry for leaving you. I know I promised I wouldn't.

I smiled softly as I gave his lips a quick kiss, letting him know all was forgiven. "You were here when I needed you."

Julius pulled me into another kiss. But unlike the last one, this kiss was soft and gentle. Just as Julius began to deepen the kiss, we were interrupted by his friends.

"Yo Julius! Yeah, That's our boy!" Julius's friend said as he pulled Julius away and wrapped their arm over Julius' shoulder

"Yo Julius! Yeah, That's our boy!" Julius's friend said as he pulled Julius away and wrapped their arm over Julius' shoulder. Julius let a small smile creep onto his face as he looked at me shyly.

Without saying a word, Julius brushed his friend's arm off and pulled my back to his chest and he wrapped his arms around my shoulders. I leaned back into his chest while he rested his chin on the top of my head as we listened to his friends' conversations.

"You doing okay?" Julius whispered to me. I nodded my head, "If you're getting too overwhelmed, let me know and I'll take you home."

"I'm okay Julius. I'm exactly where I want to be," I say as I snuggle into his chest even more.

Julius wrapped his arms tighter around me as I wrapped my hands over his wrists. I can feel the people around us staring but I didn't care.

Nothing else mattered when I was with him.

A/N : Don't forget to follow, vote and comment!!

Thank you for all the love xx